Twin Turbo 1UZ 1970 Ford Capri street/strip car

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
we took the Capri out for some funs last night :D it's hard trying to get the tune/boost spot on he wants to get it as close to 9.000 as we can, got one pass to 8.995 (18.5psi), being a Wednesday and not being allowed to go faster than 9.0 they let that pass slide, so i took another 1psi out and the bloody thing ran a 8.916@152 on 17.5psi :p as it 60'd .05 better than usual, Joe was driving under the archway and Sharpy (WSID official) stopped him, he was getting a bit of grief from the others officials, fortunately he let us go again if we dropped the boost even more. fortunately an extra 20L of fuel and 16psi equalled a 9.123@149 :p

it's amazing how much better E85 is than BP98, soooo much more torque and power. on 22psi with BP98 best we could run was 9.02@149 with the Caltex E-Flex E85 on 17.5psi it can run a 8.9@152 with no problems :D

some video of the night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6uRuhJplmA

Yep my mate in his EB turbo toasted his fresh built C4..
Auto builders just don't believe how much torque turbo engines make..
New trans oil is brown !!! Still works but some mods need to done to keep it alive..
Last night also..

Last edited:
we took the Capri out for some funs last night :D it's hard trying to get the tune/boost spot on he wants to get it as close to 9.000 as we can, got one pass to 8.995 (18.5psi), being a Wednesday and not being allowed to go faster than 9.0 they let that pass slide, so i took another 1psi out and the bloody thing ran a 8.916@152 on 17.5psi :p as it 60'd .05 better than usual, Joe was driving under the archway and Sharpy (WSID official) stopped him, he was getting a bit of grief from the others officials, fortunately he let us go again if we dropped the boost even more. fortunately an extra 20L of fuel and 16psi equalled a 9.123@149 :p

it's amazing how much better E85 is than BP98, soooo much more torque and power. on 22psi with BP98 best we could run was 9.02@149 with the Caltex E-Flex E85 on 17.5psi it can run a 8.9@152 with no problems :D

some video of the night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6uRuhJplmA

Must have been tough having to slow the streetcar down to run 9.0's? :p Haha.

How are you guys finding the Caltex E85? I'm planning to start the E85 conversion on mine after the APSA shootout on the weekend, and I am going to be running the Caltex version too.

New trans oil is brown !!! Still works but some mods need to done to keep it alive..
Last night also..

they are definitely torque monsters. how much power is that EB making? take it up to Norm at Nothmead Auto Centre, a mate just sold his box that Norm done for $2k was good for around 900hp. i know Norm has built a fair few C4's for turbo cars and they just seem to last.

Must have been tough having to slow the streetcar down to run 9.0's? :p Haha.

How are you guys finding the Caltex E85? I'm planning to start the E85 conversion on mine after the APSA shootout on the weekend, and I am going to be running the Caltex version too.

it's tough, but it's fun at least that way can get out more often and have some fun :) i know Willowbank they let cars running alot faster than 9.0 go on a Wednesday night.

the Caltex E85 is good stuff. we were always a bit worried about about consistency. but we have actually been leaving BP98 in there and then putting the E85 in, it makes bugger all difference by the time we drive to the track it's already all mixed in :p plus the car isn't tuned right on the edge. AFR down the track is around 11.6 which is still a little on the fat side.

car runs cooler, only had to take out 2 degrees of timing compared to the E85 race fuel. yeah it, its really good stuff.

they are definitely torque monsters. how much power is that EB making? take it up to Norm at Northmead Auto Centre, a mate just sold his box that Norm done for $2k was good for around 900hp. i know Norm has built a fair few C4's for turbo cars and they just seem to last.

It has 432 RWKW.. It's a grenade at that power level..
"Std" rotating assembly !!!
Again E85 seems to keep engine safe at this power level..Adam tuned it and runs EMS also...Seems E85 can run rich without dropping power..

Unlike the 1UZ rpm is 5500 or the fast and faster 2 speed auto would be fitted..
7500 rpm with forged assembly is way capable...
Heat seems to be the issue even when idling...
May run alloy cooling pipe through bottom of ice box for auto cooling..

it can run quite lean also and not drop too much power. unless the sensor was wrong (which im assuming it is) the whole first run on Wednesday which he backed off and still went 9.1 was very lean 14.2 @ 60', 13.7 @ 660' to 12.6 full track. the other 3 passes were all around the 11.6 mark. we found that the race E85 is best around 11.9-12.2 AFR, this stuff is similar around the same slightly richer.

yeah it's important to keep that tranny oil cool. i hate the smell of burnt oil :p we have been lucky *touch wood* Norm has built the boxes good, with the 302W changed the oil every 150 passes. i think we got a good 50+ passes with turbo combo and the old Powerglide before changing that oil :D the old C4 went 6 years without a service and i think 1 oil change, did around 500 passes :eek:

Last edited:
it can run quite lean also and not drop too much power. unless the sensor was wrong (which im assuming it is) the whole first run on Wednesday which he backed off and still went 9.1 was very lean 14.2 @ 60', 13.7 @ 660' to 12.6 full track. the other 3 passes were all around the 11.6 mark. we found that the race E85 is best around 11.9-12.2 AFR, this stuff is similar around the same slightly richer.

i would like to see your results with 1 point richer a/f
and couple deg more timing...

Last night also..

depends...
you get what u paid for
c4 have new planetary carriers , that live ok
there is some aussie designs that i know are being sent to UK and usa that work, and are world class

i'll let paul list the part number of 'other brand' oil if he wants too.

The fluid Neal Chance uses ???
My son has a built [$5k] C4 including converter built by Toni Dominelo it HAS WORKED
and done everything he said it would..
My mates C4 built by A1 auto has just had it's clutches replaced..
Only done dyno time and about 6 passes...
Cold alloy pipe through ice box coming up...
I have feeling if it fails in that time ?? The box isn't up to power level,,,

Norm has been on us to run compressor oil for years in all 3 cars, i was always going to run it in mine. Campo has been running it for years as have alot of the other yank turbo guys and have heard good stuff. we bought the compressor oil for the Capri, we still haven't run it yet, the type f stuff is still good, Joe's gotta get his money's worth. some of us gotta pay for the stuff we use :p we got the Hi-Tec compressor oil, its 5 mins down the road from us, its cheap and have heard good reports about it. im more than likely going to run it over the Amsoil, ill probably stick to the Hi-Tec if its all good in Joe's box.

i know Ash is a fan of the Hi-Tec stuff and he has had no drama's that is good enough for us.

Norm has been on us to run compressor oil for years in all 3 cars, i was always going to run it in mine. Campo has been running it for years as have alot of the other yank turbo guys and have heard good stuff. we bought the compressor oil for the Capri, we still haven't run it yet, the type f stuff is still good, Joe's gotta get his money's worth. some of us gotta pay for the stuff we use :p we got the Hi-Tec compressor oil, its 5 mins down the road from us, its cheap and have heard good reports about it. im more than likely going to run it over the Amsoil, ill probably stick to the Hi-Tec if its all good in Joe's box.

i know Ash is a fan of the Hi-Tec stuff and he has had no drama's that is good enough for us.

matty lisel's ttsbf probe is on it too ( as you well know....:p )
hold your hand on the side of the box after that 6.6 @ 215 pass he did the other day..

same oil as Joe bought..;)

matty lisel's ttsbf probe is on it too ( as you well know....:p )
hold your hand on the side of the box after that 6.6 @ 215 pass he did the other day..

same oil as Joe bought..;)

yeah after talking to Matt n yourself, im pretty convinced on the Hi-Tec stuff. plus they got a couple of hotties working there that could also convince me to make more trips there :p got some free hats n beanies off them the other day at the Street Meet ;)

wish our Wednesday night tests were like Willowbank with a good prepped track and faster cars than 9.0 are allowed to go :mad: got bumped back down to number 10 in APSA Modified Street Blown

yeah after talking to Matt n yourself, im pretty convinced on the Hi-Tec stuff. plus they got a couple of hotties working there that could also convince me to make more trips there :p got some free hats n beanies off them the other day at the Street Meet ;)

wish our Wednesday night tests were like Willowbank with a good prepped track and faster cars than 9.0 are allowed to go :mad: got bumped back down to number 10 in APSA Modified Street Blown

you where surpose to send me a picture !
go buy some more oil , and take a picture

i got some HI TEC shirts too...:p:p

Not sure if I would go as far to say that the track up here of a Wednesday night is well prepped. They may let you go quicker than 9.0s but from what I have seen, you'd have to be pretty confident in your car and driving skills.

What have you guys been running for the engine oil side of things? Looking to use something a bit better quality in mine now with the E85 conversion underway. At the moment I am looking at either the Brad Penn, Lucas or Hi-Tec. Seem to hear good reports about all 3 though.

By the way, it is time to play catch up now guys, haha. You have been officially done by the Full Race Fab Hilux. He run a pb at the shootout the other weekend. 8.13 @ 169. I have heard he is gunning for a 7 now at Jamboree this weekend.

Not sure if I would go as far to say that the track up here of a Wednesday night is well prepped. They may let you go quicker than 9.0s but from what I have seen, you'd have to be pretty confident in your car and driving skills.

What have you guys been running for the engine oil side of things? Looking to use something a bit better quality in mine now with the E85 conversion underway. At the moment I am looking at either the Brad Penn, Lucas or Hi-Tec. Seem to hear good reports about all 3 though.

By the way, it is time to play catch up now guys, haha. You have been officially done by the Full Race Fab Hilux. He run a pb at the shootout the other weekend. 8.13 @ 169. I have heard he is gunning for a 7 now at Jamboree this weekend.

yeah, saw he ran a PB at the Shootout, i loved it was at an APSA event also. show the guys u dont need big cubes to run quick numbers. how much boost is he running? and how heavy is the car? from the article in SM it's gotta be making more power now or the car is lighter than 3000lbs. i heard Scott Hoffman OKE020 might be driving it for Jambo. hopefully we have a meet soon we can take it out to mid October, main thing is to sort the little niggling problems.

we run Brad Penn 15w40 has never been an issue.

Back