Twin Turbo 1UZ 1970 Ford Capri street/strip car

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
regardless, you guys and others like the blue hilux have done a mighty job..
:)

:p there is no competition, but, it's good to have more cars with the UZ engines going fast. they are a good, cheap base engine to start with.

u n ur bloody Pro Mags :p

as i said before a whole new custom inlet manifold might pick up some power im hoping it does. we just wanted to show that those that can't afford it that there is nothing wrong with the factory unit when it's done right. not everyone is created equal, we have a very switched on fab guy who flow tests everything and knows just what to do. i can't wait till he designs a new manifold, if he could do what he did with a factory manifold imagine when there is no limits ;)

saw millsi's manifold, looked good. we looked at the side entry manifold but worked that front provided the best for us.

pictures? please ?

:p there is no competition, but, it's good to have more cars with the UZ engines going fast. they are a good, cheap base engine to start with.

u n ur bloody Pro Mags :p

may need it will 50 psi , and 10 gal / min fuel ???

Yes it's like ported heads on push rod engines compared to aftermarket alloys...

I would say the larger plenum on top of ported std manifold has helped ??

Larger plenums on forced motors...
That's another debate that could go on forever !!

as i said before a whole new custom inlet manifold might pick up some power im hoping it does. we just wanted to show that those that can't afford it that there is nothing wrong with the factory unit when it's done right. not everyone is created equal, we have a very switched on fab guy who flow tests everything and knows just what to do. i can't wait till he designs a new manifold, if he could do what he did with a factory manifold imagine when there is no limits ;)

saw millsi's manifold, looked good. we looked at the side entry manifold but worked that front provided the best for us.

Never criticised what you have and i'm record on this forum defending the stock inlet as fine for most ;) I got by with mine since 2004 :)

Definitely looking forward to what the new built motor will do though :)

Never criticised what you have and i'm record on this forum defending the stock inlet as fine for most ;) I got by with mine since 2004 :)

Definitely looking forward to what the new built motor will do though :)

me too :D i think things have come a long way since 3 or so years ago when this engine was done. was talking to Joe about the new engine on Saturday, he wants enough power to run mid 7's :eek:

going out to WSID on Wednesday to have a little hit, just on 18psi few mates going out also so thought we'd take it for a hit as well.

me too :D i think things have come a long way since 3 or so years ago when this engine was done. was talking to Joe about the new engine on Saturday, he wants enough power to run mid 7's :eek:

going out to WSID on Wednesday to have a little hit, just on 18psi few mates going out also so thought we'd take it for a hit as well.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
sound slike you need MFI not efi ;);)

Damn, a few mates are heading down and razzing me to have a run now i have the rear end (hopefully) bulletproof...previous commitment though so can't do it :( Sold my MTs as well as needed the cash. Talk about the stars unaligning :rolleyes:

lnz lexus powed t alted

Hi my name is Aaron. I'm from new Zealand me and family are building a alted with a 1uzfe twin turbo with two Garrett gt35/82 .80 with some hot cams.
Std manifold using twin throttle body. Will up load some photo's car is still in the build and was wondering if any one knew were to get a dry sump from for 1uzfe engine.

thanks Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, a few mates are heading down and razzing me to have a run now i have the rear end (hopefully) bulletproof...previous commitment though so can't do it :( Sold my MTs as well as needed the cash. Talk about the stars unaligning :rolleyes:

we ran the car up at Vince's last night for a quick spot of tuning. we are using E85 Caltex flex-fuel for the street now instead of BP98. it's only a 700rwhp tune, 20psi. took a few degrees of timing out compared to the race E85 fuel. changed from 10 non-resistor plugs to an 8 resistor plug and put the 11mm spark plug leads. engine sounded MUCH MUCH cleaner and crisper :D

Hi my name is aaron and im from new zealnd me and family are builing a alted with a 1uzfe twin turbo with two garrett gt35/82 .80 with some hot cams. Standed manofold but using twin throttle body. Will up load some photo car is still in the build and was wording if any one new were to get a dry sump from for 1uzfe engain.

thanks aaron

hey Aaron, sounds like a great little combo. shoot ash a message he is doing an altered also. he might know where to get a dry sump combo a few of the 1UZ altered here run them.

My son bought one from a Nascar team in U.S.. For another 4.0 engine due to crossmember clearance..
I stand corrected .. TMK the thrust side of engine is on the passengers side so the
oil pick up should be on the drivers side with angled sump lower on the suction side where the oil hoses connect.. I would have them more towards the back of sump in drag racing engine..Depending how many stages the pump has ??
Say 4 stage ?? I would have suction front and the other rear of centre and other at back on "SEPERAT" hoses NO plenum as it will pull air through hose with least resistance..
Another way is a U down the middle of sump which is used on circuit racing ..
The pump as we have found out is the cheap part..
The hose fittings etc cost a fortune !!!

Hi my name is Aaron. I'm from new Zealand me and family are building a alted with a 1uzfe twin turbo with two Garrett gt35/82 .80 with some hot cams.
Std manifold using twin throttle body. Will up load some photo's car is still in the build and was wondering if any one knew were to get a dry sump from for 1uzfe engine.

thanks Aaron

look at the option of external oil pump, and wet sump
save on weight and $$$$$$

we ran the car up at Vince's last night for a quick spot of tuning. we are using E85 Caltex flex-fuel for the street now instead of BP98. it's only a 700rwhp tune, 20psi. took a few degrees of timing out compared to the race E85 fuel. changed from 10 non-resistor plugs to an 8 resistor plug and put the 11mm spark plug leads. engine sounded MUCH MUCH cleaner and crisper :D

you tried the sucugenE85 (spelling) , same stuff as v8 supercars run on ?

Sounded NICE and clean tonight...

yeah very happy with it tonight. sounded and run well. had to run slower than 9.0 on Wednesday Race 4 Real meets. its on Caltex E-Flex now, got 4 passes ran [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] (spun tyres a bit out of hole) and a 8.98@19psi thought we were going to get kicked out after the 8.9 run but they let us keep going :D the 8.98 was the first pass, not a bad guess i reckon on my behalf of what boost we would need :p video of the runs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GPkxd99qJM

thanks alot guys
have found a nice interal oiling systom and am going to run a syston 1 remot oil fulter. Turbos have turned up to day looking good makes the car look evil.

Start your own thread in future.. It crowds threads and becomes confusing...
Even for Kiwi's... Lol...

Back