NOS rookie questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Heres what Im thinking.What do you guys think.Im definatly going with a wet system zex with bottle warmer and WOT setup.Ill use a welbro fuel pump and colder plugs.Im deciding on a safe amount to run.Here are my mods that my be helpful.Srt intake,borla mufflers ,S&S headers,TC Valve body and 3;76 diff.I know 125 wet should be fine but what do you guys think of 150?

Jgscott, I just re-read your above post and if you are planning to up your nos shot to 150hp on your 97 SC400 it sounds like you may be close to over exceeding the hp capacities of your stock tranny....I have thought of doing the same with upping the nos shot but am way to afraid of blowing out the tranny..I feel the stress on the tranny now, shifts are not always timely... Becareful that is all I am saying....

new big400 said:
Heres what Im thinking.What do you guys think.Im definatly going with a wet system zex with bottle warmer and WOT setup.Ill use a welbro fuel pump and colder plugs.Im deciding on a safe amount to run.Here are my mods that my be helpful.Srt intake,borla mufflers ,S&S headers,TC Valve body and 3;76 diff.I know 125 wet should be fine but what do you guys think of 150?
High flow Walbro is useless without a Adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

jibbby said:
Jgscott, I just re-read your above post and if you are planning to up your nos shot to 150hp on your 97 SC400 it sounds like you may be close to over exceeding the hp capacities of your stock tranny....I have thought of doing the same with upping the nos shot but am way to afraid of blowing out the tranny..I feel the stress on the tranny now, shifts are not always timely... Becareful that is all I am saying....
Yeah heres the plan. My tranny shifts at 5900- 6100 RPM. When shift it drops back to 4000 rpm. I am going to dial in Progressivly starting at a 50 shot = 33 % at 3900 Rpm and go to 150 shot = 100 % at 5800 RPM with a rev limit at 5900 to cut Nitrious completly.
The idea is shifts of only 50 shot at 4000 and cut before shift engagement at 5800 RPM.

Reduced stress on tran shifts.

Reduced stress below 4000 rpm

Keep rev from kicking in limter kick in due to increased HP

Impressive jgscott, I was not aware you can have progressive nos outputs, then again I am not all knowledgeable about the wetsystems either...Sound awesome, good luck and would love to hear about your final results...

jgscott said:
Is that on a Supra or SC4 ? How did you tap the fuel rail ? Did you drill that hole ?
I actually used a B&M Fuel pressure gauge kit . The banjo bolt is a direct fit to replace the fuel pressure pulse dampener. The bolt may fit elsewhere on the fuel rail, but I had not tried it yet. I just unscrewed the gauge from the bolt and screwed in a 1/8 to AN-4 fitting and connected the AN-4 fuel line from there. Eventually I will add an adapter so I can also use the fuel pressure gauge and keep the AN-4 line. Also I have not checked yet, but I believe the fuel filter on my supra uses the same banjo bolt. So I may relocate it there and put the pulse dampener back in the OEM location

Attachments

• DV00010.jpg
    DV00010.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DV00012.jpg
    DV00012.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DV00013.jpg
    DV00013.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 14
Lextreme said:
You should tap it at the TB....
Tapping it to the TB is probably better long term since it is metal. I chose the hard plastic intake intake duct for ease, ability to try different locations, and cheaper if I screw up. If you keep it tapped in the plastic long term I would recommend some type of nozzle retaining nut to ensure a strong solid mount. This is included with most kits. Or if you got the money and willing to try something you could just go crazy

Hey guys quick question, does anyone know anyone that is running nos in combination with a Turbo or Supercharger setup on the V8 Toyota motors? I have not heard or read about one guy trying that on all the Lex forums including this one and I have looked. If so I would like to know who? That is the direction I am going in eventually and I know very little about the compatability of the two... I do know that is very doable with a Supercharger kit....and I would imagine it is no big deal either....Turbo's I have no clue, Anyone?

Not familiar with any Lex V8's doing this. But in general, they are compatable with a good tune. Alot of 2JZ's use a small shot to help spool their huge single turbo quicker and shut it off once a predetermined psi is reached from the turbo.

Do you really need it on a FI 1UZ? A big S/C can reach the high hundreds of Bhp easily!
It might be a bit more expensive to gain the power without using nitrous but with that sort of power, a lot needs to be changed anyway, so you may as well go the safer route of just upgrading all the parts to make a high powered supercharged car.
It would reduce the temptation to use the nitrous when you know the engine/box can't really cope healthily with it too!
Unless of course, you are talking over 1000Bhp or so, then it may be a different matter!

jgscott said:
High flow Walbro is useless without a Adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
I thought a walbro would have a easier time keeping up with the demand.I wasnt trying to increase fuel press.So w/o changing injectors or any fuel related items what would be a good # Im going to try 125 but would like run 150 if safe.

jibby i am new on here do you have any time slips for your setup? I am kinda up in the air as to what to do with my lexus. The wifey would be a little mad if I spent more on a supercharger than her wedding band. I may go with NOS if I can get as much power out of it as a supercharger.

You can setup NOS on your SC in one or two days for real cheap if you know what you are doing...The wiring and the running of the nos fuel lines is probably the most time consuming. You can have the whole system installed by a professional for no more then what should $1500.. Includes everything bottle, heating core, walbro fuel pump, plugs, etc...the works... A good deal would be $1000 for a complete system setup.... Nos will bring you to what the engine and tranny can ultimately handle if you want and then some... Just as effecient and perhaps crispier then any AFI application when the nos is running.

Thank you for the Quick response. I used to be a mustang guy and had a really nice 347 with a 150 dry setup. my fastest was an 11.67 on drag radials. I sold it because I wanted more luxury and every time I let a head gasket go I wanted to do more I.E. cams etc etc. So now I have the lexus and I love it. What do you think I can expect doing a 100 hp dry setup E.T. wise. I would like to see high 13's is that possible if I do the exhaust as well? I will get some pics of my ride on here as soon as I get the big dent taken out of the rear quarter.

High 13's maybe realistic on a good 100 shot with a heating core, good torque converter, LSD, exhaust mods and with some fine tuning it is very possible.....Your 0-60mph times for sure will be increased dramatically....

Thanks for all the help.Im getting ready to order my kit Im going with zex.Id like to have the module that controls when and how much sprays.Ive been told zex doesnt make one.Does anyone know whether this is true or not and does anyone have any suggestions on a good one to use?Thanks again.

2uzfe-SC/Turbo/Nitrous/Alcohol Injection

Jibby,

If you go to the FI section, look for Wayne Ryther and click the link, you can see what I've done to a stock 2uzfe in a Tundra, the havoc if you go too far with a stock motor and what I am putting back together. Ran a best of 8:20 in the eighth with the 4X4 (stock motor, SC and 150 hp nitrous).

Wayne

Attachments

• Keihin 007a.jpg
    Keihin 007a.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Injector2.JPG
    Injector2.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 4
Doesn't seem right

David,

Your times don't seem right, nor do your 60 ft times for the eigth mile. Did you do that with the car before you turbo'd? They fairly close if you had the N/A 1uz...although the 60 ft times still seem a bit too slow. Having said that, if you did that with the turbo and the tires spinning like in the video, that would make sense.....:veryhappy :veryhappy ?????

Back