my 1uz mk3 project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
sounds like wiring problem or faulty iac
if u r running std ecu u are going backwards removing iac
they work perfect when everything else is right
removing it is a dodgey cure not a proper fix

i know, its really my last resort.
ive been over the wiring a half dozen times in the last 2 weeks and i found that i was running a bunch of unnecessary wires and didnt have a lot of necessary grounds so i fixed that situation and it exposed a more serious idle problem. rechecked the wiring on it and its good, the iacv works it just dosent always catch the idle before it bottoms out like on deceleration (especially when coming to a stop)
however i decided to break out the timing light last night and check if the coils were firing properly and lo and behold the one on the drivers side made the light flicker out of time. and when i removed the plug lead the damn thing arced over itself from the mounting screws. i think this is the root of my problem so im installing a blaster2 coil i have laying around and ill see if this thing decides it wants to run right.
am i on the right track now?

just beware running aftermarket coils on half these late model engines
yr whole looms sound slike a mess right from the start so problem could be anywhere hehhehe
road test the car and try and pinpoint exaxtly what u do to make the engine go from ok idle to stall

just beware running aftermarket coils on half these late model engines
yr whole looms sound slike a mess right from the start so problem could be anywhere hehhehe
road test the car and try and pinpoint exaxtly what u do to make the engine go from ok idle to stall

ok the loom was bone stock save for the connections documented on 1uzsupra.com which was a good start it got me to the point where the engine is running
then lt chambers did a pinout on the connectors used for the swap for the 97 engine and i found i have 97 wiring not 96 even though my 97 engine is non vvti.
so i found that i was missing several grounds so i grounded them.

went out for a test drive and the car stalled at the first light all i did was let off the throttle. when i started the car up i held the pedal for a second and the iacv matched it and held the idle. just went around the block and it died when i was pulling into the parking space

also trying to figure out how to properly delete the charcoal canister cause apparently it can cause issues if you just run the line to a vac source

Update
so in order to become better at this whole modifying thing my friend and i are going to attempt to completely rewire the supra with slightly larger wire and simplfy the engine harness altogether. also kicking around the idea of building a megasquirt3 box and going coil on plug
any thoughts?

Update
carrier bearing finally gave up
tried the ford ranger bearing and that lasted a good 5 min
so now a 1 piece will have to be ordered.
in other news the car is now slammed on zankoku performance coilovers and the locking plates from weir performance came in for my diff
school ends in about 2 weeks so ill have time to finally finish this up
also new wire has been ordered so i can make a loom from scratch and have a quick disconnect for removing the engine and trans with ease.

talk to boosted supra on sm he can get you the best deals on the correct carrier bearing (less than 110$) and he can help you out with the 1 piece if that's the way you want to go.

well boosted never got back to me so i went ahead and ordered a 1 piece from shaftmasters, should be here in about a day or two
now on to the manual belt tensioning bracket to delete that fussy autotensioner

well boosted never got back to me so i went ahead and ordered a 1 piece from shaftmasters, should be here in about a day or two
now on to the manual belt tensioning bracket to delete that fussy autotensioner

+1 on the Shaftmasters 1 piece. I've been running their aluminum 1pc for a couple of years now without issue and I have no fear it'll stand up to the TT upgrade going in over the winter.

update time
i finally got around to making a set of egr blockoff plates due to the late model engine it takes 5 plates to do the job. i have three fitted so far.
the other big thing is this skidplate in my attempt to save my precious oil pan while being quite low.

just pulled the trans wiring (de pinned from ecu and associated connectors)
all useless wiring is coming out and im simplifying everything, pix coming soon

so now i have nicely rewired my car and tucked the fusebox under the dash, got some 18x9.5 cobra r wheels on her and im still happy with no power steering :D