my 1uz mk3 project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yeah I have some on supramania, I posted in 42quick4u's thread, or whatever, he's posted on your thread here a number of times.

How bad is your mileage??

Yeah I have some on supramania, I posted in 42quick4u's thread, or whatever, he's posted on your thread here a number of times.

How bad is your mileage??

lol i think you mean 4u2quik lol
im not exactly sure simply because my speedo cable snapped about a week ago lol
im gonna need a new lower section
all i know is that i run through a half tank in like 3ish days driving from rockville to dc and back if i did this right then thats about 126 miles for 3 days

lol i think you mean 4u2quik lol
im not exactly sure simply because my speedo cable snapped about a week ago lol
im gonna need a new lower section
all i know is that i run through a half tank in like 3ish days driving from rockville to dc and back if i did this right then thats about 126 miles for 3 days

Sounds similar to my mileage. Stock ecu and injectors, walbro 255l pump and I'm netting between 20-23mpg on 1-3hr trips. Around town is, of course, much less :D This engine is also running extremely rich at around 10.5 WOT and really only drops back to 13-14 during idle. Probably getting a MAFT Pro some time after the new year, install it before winter is over, then take it out for tuning once the salt has been cleared from the roads. Will also be searching for a set of the green injectors to get ready for the next stage of the project.

Sounds similar to my mileage. Stock ecu and injectors, walbro 255l pump and I'm netting between 20-23mpg on 1-3hr trips. Around town is, of course, much less :D This engine is also running extremely rich at around 10.5 WOT and really only drops back to 13-14 during idle. Probably getting a MAFT Pro some time after the new year, install it before winter is over, then take it out for tuning once the salt has been cleared from the roads. Will also be searching for a set of the green injectors to get ready for the next stage of the project.

i actually even tried your simulator for the secondary o2 sensors and it doesnt seem to be helping (maybe i didnt do it right?)
where do you have your wideband mounted?

Is that right? That's like 8 miles to the gallon.
yea that seems about right it also seems to need a sixth gear or a taller final drive gear or something, im running the na rear, do you all think the turbo rear would yield better results or am i going the wrong way on that one

i actually even tried your simulator for the secondary o2 sensors and it doesnt seem to be helping (maybe i didnt do it right?)
where do you have your wideband mounted?

yea that seems about right it also seems to need a sixth gear or a taller final drive gear or something, im running the na rear, do you all think the turbo rear would yield better results or am i going the wrong way on that one

Don't have a wideband for it yet. Hopefully after I get the maft pro, I'll get one since it can use it to keep the A/F adjusted. As for your gearing problem. If I recall, the na rear was a 4.10 rear-end without LSD unless you had the sport rear, then it was 4.10 with LSD.

The turbo rear-ends were 3.73 and 3.9 depending on the year. I have the 3.9 since I am in an 87 body and driving it with the R154, the gearing seems to be right on. First can be an issue though as I end up shifting before I'm even through an intersection.

I have a turbo rear end, I have a 3.9 also, but I'm using a w58. But even then, that's still really really poor gas mileage.

I have a turbo rear end, I have a 3.9 also, but I'm using a w58. But even then, that's still really really poor gas mileage.

So most likely he does have the 4.10. Switching down to the 3.73 or 3.9 will help. I dunno though, 126mi on half a tank (254 on full) isn't that bad but he could definitely get a bit better with switching the rear and tuning.

So most likely he does have the 4.10. Switching down to the 3.73 or 3.9 will help. I dunno though, 126mi on half a tank (254 on full) isn't that bad but he could definitely get a bit better with switching the rear and tuning.

i have a spare 87 turbo rear that im gonna go ahead and swap in once i weld up the spider gears.
also i have the fpr connected to a constant source of vac off the back of the intake manifold, could that cause an issue with the fuel economy???

ok so stupid question
stock redline is supposed to be 6500 right
is there a way to make it rev to 7000 safely on stock internals?
also im doing a bit of research on turbochargning this beast and ive decided that a holset turbo is gonna be my best and most cost effective option.
however im gonna try to do this whole remote mounted setup and see how it works out
if im not mistaken ihiryu is running a holset hx40 (when does your boost kick in???)
im unsure of how make up for the turbo being so far from the engine bay anyone who knows please chime in.

yeah redline is 6500, I have no idea about rev'in to 7 though.

Unfortunately I'm running a hx35, I think it's a bit too small honestly, and it's becoming a restriction. It doesn't feel any faster about 10 psi really. That or my exhaust piping is way too small (which I think it is).

Boost kicks in when I got WOT. No matter where the rpm's is at. I'll see zero immediately when I got WOT. And boost starts to build right away ha ha.

yeah redline is 6500, I have no idea about rev'in to 7 though.

Unfortunately I'm running a hx35, I think it's a bit too small honestly, and it's becoming a restriction. It doesn't feel any faster about 10 psi really. That or my exhaust piping is way too small (which I think it is).

Boost kicks in when I got WOT. No matter where the rpm's is at. I'll see zero immediately when I got WOT. And boost starts to build right away ha ha.

ok cool this is a step in the right direction.
i think im gonna go pick up an hx35 and see how it works out when i rear mount it im hoping that i might be able to make it lag just a bit and hit full boost at like 2800 rpm(if im using the right terminology)so i can still drive it out of boost lol.

so i finally noticed a clanging in my drivetrain and im pretty sure its the carrier bearing
so now im considering a single piece driveshaft
anyone running one ????

so i finally noticed a clanging in my drivetrain and im pretty sure its the carrier bearing
so now im considering a single piece driveshaft
anyone running one ????

Yup and loving it. Got it from http://shaftmasters.com/

1pc Al with replaceable u-joints. Hollow with rubberized foam core to reduce ringing common in other 1pc Al drive shafts. High speed balanced. Haven't had any issues and been running it for 2yr now.

ok cool this is a step in the right direction.
i think im gonna go pick up an hx35 and see how it works out when i rear mount it im hoping that i might be able to make it lag just a bit and hit full boost at like 2800 rpm(if im using the right terminology)so i can still drive it out of boost lol.

The 35 is a tad too small for a 4 litre. I plan on using a hx-40 and I'm thinking it's still too small on the hot side.

Yup and loving it. Got it from http://shaftmasters.com/

1pc Al with replaceable u-joints. Hollow with rubberized foam core to reduce ringing common in other 1pc Al drive shafts. High speed balanced. Haven't had any issues and been running it for 2yr now.
im going with the 1pc steel from zankoku performance over on supramania.

The 35 is a tad too small for a 4 litre. I plan on using a hx-40 and I'm thinking it's still too small on the hot side.
yea but where are you mounting yours at?
cause from what ive been reading you go a step smaller for rear mounts

ok so my brakes are doing that whole applying themselves thing and i think the culprit is that brake booster so iguess im gonna replace that now. alongside my driveshaft cause my carrier bearing seems to be taking a dive and the only upgrade im about to get is some locking plates for the lsd to turn it into a spool
smh

didn't you buy a brand new booster? damn...
and btw, I know where zankoku gets his driveshafts from. The guy can hand deliver driveshafts to me on a daily basis lol. Don't tell ace I told you though....

as for the step small on the rear mounts, I dunno, I never liked the idea. I've never seen anyone have real success with them.

didn't you buy a brand new booster? damn...
and btw, I know where zankoku gets his driveshafts from. The guy can hand deliver driveshafts to me on a daily basis lol. Don't tell ace I told you though....

as for the step small on the rear mounts, I dunno, I never liked the idea. I've never seen anyone have real success with them.

now i have a brand new booster and im having other issues lol
so i rebuilt my front brakes as they were toast, and im gonna have to add that spacer or a spacer of some sort so my pedal doesnt apply the brakes when i tighten down the booster all the way.
do you have any pix of your booster installed ?