93 SC400 1UZ in 86.5 MK3 Supra Wiring

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

666jame5

I've been stuck on this for a long time now and I really need some help. I've searched all the forums I can find for wiring up my 93 sc400 harness to my 86.5 supra and I still can't get it to start. I've tried just matching the wiring like mrel to mrel and batt to batt and b+ to b+. I think there's no spark. I've checked the spark plug for spark while cranking when next to the valve cover and strut bolt and no spark. I've checked that my ignition coils and ignitors can spark and they do. I fixed the check engine light code 12. My ignitors are grounded to chassis and there is perfect continuity between the ignitor and the negative terminal. I've traced all ignitor wires to ECU and tested for 12v. I've tested for 12v in coils and injectors. I have neg battery terminal to engine block and right cylinder head to chassis grounded. I've also tried a 91 ls400 harness and it still only cranks no start. I've gone over timing many times and I've even tried 180 out. My wiring is as follows:

I have my oil pressure sensor and check engine light and tach hooked up on my M1 plug just for now
EB2 pin 1 = B1 pin 12, starter wire
EB2 pin 2 = B1 pin 17, ignition switch to coils
EB2 pin 3 = B1 pin 9, B+ power to fuel pump
grounded = B1 pin 6, to satisfy the Circuit Opening Relay
IJ2 pin 11 = B1 pin 16, igsw to power ecu
EB1 pin 4 = C1 pin 1, MREL wire
EB1 pin 8 = C1 pin 1, BATT wire
= C1 pin 4
grounded = C1 pin 5
fuel pump is working and I'm pretty sure fuels getting to the cylinder because when I take the spark plug out its wet and smells like gas

It's 4am right now and I don't have my book with me to verify the wires I have hooked up right now but I'll update the thread ASAP with the wires I have hooked up. I just want to post this because I'm really desperate for some guidance. I've reached out to multiple people already and have gotten nowhere.

Can someone please post their wiring that works?

If the plugs are wet then it sounds like the ECU is turning on and getting reference from your cam/crank sensors. Double check the wiring from your igniters to the ECU.

ignition system.jpg

@P Bateman
sorry ive been busy with school, but ive also verified all wires on ignitors: the 2 wires going to ecu have continuity, continuity going to coil, and 12v on middle wire using the casing as ground

updated wiring:
I have my oil pressure sensor and check engine light and tach hooked up on my M1 plug just for now
EB2 pin 1 & EB1 pin 3 = B1 pin 12, starter wire
EB2 pin 2 = B1 pin 17, ignition switch to coils
EB2 pin 3 = B1 pin 9, B+ power to fuel pump
grounded = B1 pin 6, to satisfy the Circuit Opening Relay
IJ2 pin 11 = B1 pin 16, igsw to power ecu
EB1 pin 4 = C1 pin 2, MREL wire to efi relay
EB1 pin 8 = C1 pin 1, BATT wire to efi relay
EB2 pin 3 = C1 pin 4, +B to efi relay
grounded = C1 pin 5
fuel pump is working and I'm pretty sure fuels getting to the cylinder because when I take the spark plug out its wet and smells like gas

Forgot to mention that ive tried starting fluid and it still doesnt start which is why i think its a spark/ignition problem

The ECU has to see spark before it will fire the injectors. It's a safety thing.

If it won't fire with starter fluid it's definitely spark.
Make sure the igniters are grounded to a good ground. Don't ask how I found out that was important.

Check if you have spark at the coil leads. This will let you know if the problem is before or after the coils.

Once the plugs are wet I've found the 1UZ doesn't like to start.

After you sort through the wiring I would suggest checking for spark with a plug lead removed and a plug well grounded.

Then I would either clean and dry the plugs or fit new ones.