MK4 Supra, 1UZ tt and T56

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
work progress update..... lotsa pics

i reworked the LHS W/G merge and removed the flange as it was hitting the chassis rail.

both sides pretty much done. one small niggle with the LHS, the W/G pipe touches one of the header pipes, needs to be remedied.

am pretty happy otherwise, although the weight is a bit of a worry.
will have a brace of some sort to both collectors ones ive finished the alt and PS mounts....

RHS
IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

LHS
IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

hmmmm oil drains next then out it comes......

Time for an update,

turbo oil returns were mocked up and the engine was plucked out,

IMG_0787copy.jpg

IMG_0788copy.jpg

IMG_0789copy.jpg

IMG_0790copy.jpg

engine in all its nakedness:

IMG_0791copy.jpg

PS bracket and modified fan pump housing:

IMG_0792copy.jpg

IMG_0796copy.jpg

Next is the reverse alternator mount, will be a bit of a fiddle, especially the belt tension adjustment.

the PS pump is from a Vectra (GM Holden/Opel)
Alt is from a carona of some sort, i have managed to keep the 6 Row belt,
unsure if there is a 6PK belt this short, if not ill just use two 3PK belts

Tilton hydro release brg is on its way from the US, hope to have that all set up and the adaptor plate doweled and a final machine to make sure the plate is flat. then it can go back in the hole.

Hope to make some loud noises next month.

um... exhaust is 2.5inch, i had thought a bit small perhaps but the WG re-enter so far down stream i thought it'd be fine

oil is 3/4

Dual 2.5 all the way or merging into 3" though right? Or 2.5 all the way? If the latter it's on the small side but will still work OK.

Keep up the good work, you need to rub that supra salt into mops bmw wound ;-)

progress report...

after much farnarkling around with the bellhousing to get its from .015 runout to 002" runout......
the engine went back in,

am slowing reassembling all the exhuast work, will trial run the engine to heat cycle the headers and stuff with turbine housings only (NA)

will also work a few bugs out at the same time without running boost

adapter plate manage to get a nasty .008" warpage in it. i can only attribute this to lifting the engine and box out of the car as one unit,

the box its damn heavy and i think the bending stress took its toll on the adapter plate as 50mm of the plate is unsupported but either the bellhouse or geabox mounting flanges....

as a result i am installing the engine in first then the box.
Im confident the adapter plate can handle the weigth of the gearbox in a sheer situation without a problem.

pics.....

adapter and release brg:

IMG_0800.jpg

clutch:

IMG_0824.jpg

bellhouse and adapter:

IMG_0825.jpg

hair dryers and engine back in the hole:

IMG_0828.jpg

8.8 grade caps screws to hold on hair dryers:

IMG_0829.jpg

more hair dryers than a hair salon......

IMG_0830.jpg

a shot from the under side:

IMG_0834.jpg

i hope to have it going in a few weeks without alt or ps or anything that will get in the way of me removing the manifold once they have settled and hte paint has cured.

then i will heat wrap them and machine them flat should they warp during the settle in.

aaahhh, youtube vids next i hope.

Daniel.

where did you get that flexible pipe that on the wastegate return from? is it 1.5"? ive been looking for something like that for ages so that i can plumb my wastegate back into the exhaust system.

Hey Gasman

the flexi pipe is 1.5 inch ID

i got mine from a place in dorkland city called Woolf Mufflers $76 a meter

there is a place called south dorkland called Chase, they also sell it but i dont know what the price is. its made from 2 very thin layers of stainless and is a real bitch to weld.

Daniel.

UPDATE:

gearbox is in, clutch is bled and pedal stop adjusted. (its like standing on a marshmellow, very soft but not without feel)
drive shaft is off being shortened and having its end changed to suit the T56.
fuel lines are starting to take shape, need to find a nice Y block to split the feed to the two rails.

should start on the ECU install soon,perhaps this weekend.

driveshaft yoke an easy reach to aid clutch pedal stop adjustment:

IMG_0840.jpg

master cyl and bleed nipple:

IMG_0839.jpg

engine bay as of tonight:

IMG_0841.jpg

oh what a glorious noise it will make.....:01:

Update......

Manifold top half on:

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

Modified T56 shifter....

IMG_0846.jpg

Fucked up drive shaft measurment caused the modified drive shaft to be a lil short.....

IMG_0847.jpg

FPR, very nice holley unit, works well and holds residual line pressure unlike some aftermarket FPR's:

IMG_0849.jpg

fuel system coming togeather:

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

ECU installation in OEM position:

IMG_0851.jpg

Had it running today, runs like a haunted shithouse, missis under the slightest of loads... will have to nut it out, but will take a vid tomorrow and post it on you tube for you all to watch,
it sounds horible, loud and obnoxious without exhuast system...

sleep time,

Daniel.

I like your shifter. I was thinking of doing something very similar.

Mark

Attachments

• P1040025.JPG
    P1040025.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 581
  • P1030099.JPG
    P1030099.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 557
  • P1030100.JPG
    P1030100.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 548
  • P1040022.JPG
    P1040022.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 549
  • P1040026.JPG
    P1040026.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 545
  • P1040021.JPG
    P1040021.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 549
  • P1040027.JPG
    P1040027.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 550
  • P1040512.JPG
    P1040512.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 551
Awesome looking project.

Are you going to leave the stock crankcase ventilation system in or add a catchcan?

Matt.

Attachments

• IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0231.JPG
    IMG_0231.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 16
I not sure about a catch can...

when its fuming at its most it will be under boost so the pcv valve wont be open.

as for the breather in the RHS i may direct that into the exhuast.

Drove it today,

Clutch is quite civil to use and the engine has enough power just off idle to get the car rolling.

lot of chattering from the gearbox tho due to the clutch having no sprung center.

engine bay pic:

IMG_0853.jpg

poor quality video with an unstable camera man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brf2cicdYqg

Now to pull it the exhuast of and heat wrap it... fun....

Daniel.

Congratulations mate! Nice work, engine bay looks fantastic, and it sounds very nice IMO :)

I can almost smell the smoke.... wofting out of mops driveway LOL ;-)

Fred.

update......

exhaust all came out to be wraped and rocker covers came off to be painted and new gaskets to be installed....and a new cambelt as the old one suffered when i de-greased the engine..

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

all back togeather...

IMG_0864.jpg

Drove it to work which is about 10 mins from home on open headers. bit noisey for sure..

exhuast fabrication... twin 2.5 into a 3.5 merge pipe then split back into twin 2.5 for a pair of hot dog resonators and a pair of larger resonators in the factory muffler position.

center section:
IMG_0876.jpg

rear section:
IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

taking priority in my workshop:
IMG_0873.jpg

undercar shot of resonators:
IMG_0882.jpg

butt shot (and a small msg for a friend who said 2x2.5 is a restriction):
IMG_0880copy.jpg

and todays effort, engine restraint:
IMG_0883.jpg

my haste to make 4 into 1 headers resulted in clearance between the header and RH strut tower being minimal, normal engine mount flex allows contact. not something i want realy....

more vids to come of nice silent exhuast system. this is without the turbo so it will make even less noise once the turbo's have been installed.

ive always admired the way euro car makers can get sub 500hp from their V8s but remain so very quiet. audi V8 turbo's in particular.

hmmm, think i might search on you tube for some......

Daniel.