Finally running (sort of)!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
What size head studs are you using??
It's possibly only head gasket ??
Lower boost levels so its more durable..
Btw..Lexus never break down.. They fail to proceed.

Wow, gone for a week due to a little virus and come back to find Zuffen ready to set his project on fire, then fall on his torque wrench!

Rod, as many have already said, the disappointment is gut wrenching, but don't do anything rash, like trying to sell it, when you're emotional. Many of us have had our projects go up in smoke or in pieces, so you've got plenty of virtual sympathy.

Hold your head high, get your credit card out, and the KY ready, then just bend over and get after it again :hump: You can't let Murphy win this one, mate.

Well said. But I still reckon spend the $800 on a stocker for now on mild boost and get to love the vehicle again! Shelve the other for the now till the frustration and marriage heals.

Then when you want to start on it again I'll buy the old stocker off you ;)

With the money I threw at the engine I feel like John Holmes was behind me. No amount of KY will ease the discomfort.

I've parked it and it may stay that way for quite awhile.

Rod,

I just got caught up with your thread and sorry to hear this terrible event. I guess I am next to blow my motor too. If there is anything you need please let me know. I have lots of spare parts at my place. PM me if you need anything. I am sure Cribbj would offer the same too.

I feel your sadness on this. It's happening the same to me. I'm still having a few bugs to fix. But I won't give up untill the car drives like I wanted it to be.

Absolutely, we're errrr, behind you all the way Rod!

Definitely can appreciate what you say about the investment, but put some 12mm or 1/2" studs in that puppy, drop the compression a tad, trim back your timing a bit, and those heads won't lift again.

You may have glazed the cylinder walls by running so rich initially, then the oil became diluted by the gas in the pan, so your bottom end bearings may need freshening. The head lifting may be from det because of oil getting past the rings and burning.

At least that's the way the sequence went for me when the cylinders were glazed in my 2JZ not just once, but nearly twice. What I learned from that is that it only takes 5 minutes for a careless tuner to undo all the work of a good engine builder.

I would definitely consider getting it sorted, out of the car, on an engine dyno if you can. It's nearly as much fun as driving it, and a whole lot easier to tune.

Mate if you want some guys to come around ..
We can pull it out for you..Some fabricating if you want??
I have a top friend who runs a machine shop.. He charges the RIGHT prices..
I can take it anywhere you want.. [Not recycle bin though, Lol]
What Cribbj says is spot on.. I was seriously concerned of the rich condition.. Rings bed in quick or fail...
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

With the money I threw at the engine I feel like John Holmes was behind me. No amount of KY will ease the discomfort.

I've parked it and it may stay that way for quite awhile.

Nooooooooo.....

I'll keep nagging ya with my theory! After being 'able' to invest $10k in air intake and exhausting, surely a stocker long block won't be too much financial salt in the wound?

If it's sitting there not running for a long time, it's just a bad memory. A pain in the ass that you never got to love, you'll probably want to sell it after 12 months. Too hard basket, can't be bothered, too much stress etc will cross your mind.

Chuck a stocker in it, tune it for safe boost (MRC @ Castle Hill for tune from what I hear) then be :yikes: when you first drive it running well.

Use it a few times and the vehicle will make you :bigok: when you think of it

Then after that same 12 months, you'll have the power bug even more! Motivation comes back to dig the beast out and put it on an engine dyno to fix it.

I can somewhat speak from experience with the troubles I had on my last 4Runner and it's custom 5 link live axle conversions. I ended up rolling it, shelved it out of frustration, then parted it out 12 months later and it's all gone. Now I wish I still had it and could trailer it out with my 'car like' 4runner.

I have a long block I bought for the heads..
No it's NOT the motor you gave me Lol...
Cheer up buddy...

Sounds like a group hug meeting starting to happen Sydney side. The Lextreme evles will arrive one weekend and you will have your toy back on the road.

We know the stocker will take 300rwkw all day, every day and pretty sure that will be enough to keep a small smile on your face......regroup and aim for the huge grin some time down the track :)

I have engine hoist and engine stands..

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 875
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 860
Guy,

I've got everything I need to sort the motor. The only thing I lack is the motivation to do it.

Before I work on the car I have a 14 year old who wants me to construct an off road buggy for him so that's now priority one.

Guy,

I've got everything I need to sort the motor. The only thing I lack is the motivation to do it.

Before I work on the car I have a 14 year old who wants me to construct an off road buggy for him so that's now priority one.

Aha !! A converted VW... Lol...

Back