where to find individual TB's???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
no one makes them for any XUZ engines that i know of. youll have to make one yourself.

There are quite a few different ITB systems available. Most from the OEM arena.

Look at Toyota, Nissan and most motorcycle manufacturers.

Do a search on this Forum for ITB.

A few people have them on and working well.

Manifolds are also available in NZ

ok me being a super n00b

how do i know what fits and what exactly am i looking for

is there a link to certain thread that gives this info?

thanks
jordan

Attachments

• oilpan 001.jpg
    oilpan 001.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 9
  • oilpan 002.jpg
    oilpan 002.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 8
  • oilpan 003.jpg
    oilpan 003.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 9
"Hey all,

the 20v silvertop ITB's a very nice but a little to small with 42mm, they can produce very nice torque with a set of longggggg trumpets but when you want serious high rpm power with good cams (kelford) you should get ones with a little bigger diameter.

I'm gathering a load of parts for the next project, and have found that 45mm MV agusta F4 1000cc engine ones have near perfect spacing for the 1uzfe. they also feature 260cc magnetti marrelli Pico injectors. I have one set allready but the second could take many months to get hold off

I'm in europe and those are obtaineble over here, not sure about Australia though....

food for thought is that hayabusa's also have 46mm ones which can pretty easlilly spaced to suit. the newest motorcycle ITB's feature Twin butterfly's with the second set controlled but the computer so those might not be so usable.

surf around ebay, many throttle bodie sets on there most of the time.

grtz Thomas

"Hey all,

the 20v silvertop ITB's a very nice but a little to small with 42mm, they can produce very nice torque with a set of longggggg trumpets but when you want serious high rpm power with good cams (kelford) you should get ones with a little bigger diameter.

I'm gathering a load of parts for the next project, and have found that 45mm MV agusta F4 1000cc engine ones have near perfect spacing for the 1uzfe. they also feature 260cc magnetti marrelli Pico injectors. I have one set allready but the second could take many months to get hold off

I'm in europe and those are obtaineble over here, not sure about Australia though....

food for thought is that hayabusa's also have 46mm ones which can pretty easlilly spaced to suit. the newest motorcycle ITB's feature Twin butterfly's with the second set controlled but the computer so those might not be so usable.

surf around ebay, many throttle bodie sets on there most of the time.

grtz Thomas

FYI the Black top 20V ITB's are slightly bigger...

Hey e-solver

I know that those are larger in diameter, but you try to get hold of a set.... let alone 2 sets to complete a v8, No doubt that hayabusa ITB's are plenty more availeble and cheaper than blacktop ones. busa is 46mm which would suit very well indeed

if you can get a set with rail and injectors you're good to go to 400hp at a nice rpm rate regarding those parts. and that would make it even cheaper. mostly those things come with everything on it so....

nice car btw in the avatar, whats that? we don't got those in holland I think. it looks Aston Martin but doubt it is.

grtz Thomas

I've acquired about 8 sets of these 'busa TB's and have been fooling around with them in my spare time for another project. I've attached some specs on them that some may find useful.

The "early" model TB's (prior to model year 2003) were actually 4 separate TB's bolted together. If you didn't like the standard Suzuki bore spacing of 80mm, you could take them apart, put in the necessary spacers, weld extensions to the linkages, and you were set. This is what I'm hoping to do for my project, which requires 90mm bore spacings.

The "later" TB's (2003 and after) are actually (2) sets of 2BBL throttle bodies bolted together, so you're pretty much stuck with the 80mm bore spacing.

Note that the later GSXR600 TB's while having a larger intake of 46mm, still have the same 38mm butterflies as the earlier style. The GSXR750 or 1000 models have even larger 50mm intakes, with 42mm butterflies.

All of these TB's are designed for spigot flange mounting. This is basically just a molded rubber coupling with a hole for the TB on one end, and a standard Weber type 2 hole flange on the other, usually with a 75mm c/c spacing (see attached pic).

p.s. Removing the 2nd butterflies and actuator motor is a doddle.

John, really interesting but unless I've mis-read did you ommit the 'busa specs?

Sorry, I probably should have said "dimensions" not specs. It's that little Excel table that was attached to the original post. I took all those dimensions myself with a digital caliper.

Have you got the dimensions though for the early and late 'busa throttle bodies?
Cheers
Mark

John
I'm sorry I'm probably being a total buffoon but I can see your 'busa jpeg but it only shows the 600, and 750/1000 dimensions, the busa is bigger.

Have I missed the point that the 'busa 1300 uses the 1000 throttle bodies?

What about these? http://www.a1turbos.co.nz/

throttle_linkage.jpg

John
I'm sorry I'm probably being a total buffoon but I can see your 'busa jpeg but it only shows the 600, and 750/1000 dimensions, the busa is bigger.

Have I missed the point that the 'busa 1300 uses the 1000 throttle bodies?

Mark, sorry, no it's me being the total buffoon. I'm pretty ignorant about the different bike models, and in fact I thought all the GSXR's were referred to as Hayabusa's, and they just had different displacements :tapedshut: I haven't bought a set of the 1300's TB's, but I'll do some research and see if they're the same as the 1000's

i didnt know anyone made ITBs for the 1UZ. wonder how well those would do with turbos attached.

ironically enough, my name is Jordan too... it is a small world.

Nice find!!

I sure wish I'd had this a year ago before I started buying all these GSXR TB's just to get their dimensions!