• Two GT25R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two GT30R

• Others

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
yes id say it can..recently, i have done a TT install on an sc400, but the gs430 has the newer style engine..

in any case, with these engines, it is becoming evident that even at low boost-- you can make very good HP..your car should be a low 14 sec car already.. you could easily run 13s-12s maybee with TT.. again this is at low boost..
no one is making a kit, but there are several guys in the US that are working on TT v8s -as we speak..
i was toying with the idea of making a kit, but i would feel much better if i had the car in front of me..

to run 9s, the current automatic would never hold up-- a strong manual or a purpose built automatic is important..
9s is possible--but difficult, and depending on the shops near you--can become very expensive.. but streetable? id recomend getting lite--taking alot of weight from the car-throwing away some of the luxury..-air cond-power seats-anything you dont need.. your car is somewhere around 4000 lbs.. to run 9s will require alot of HP.. im just guessing, but i think well over 1000 hp.. and the rest of the suspension? i think it may hold up? but your gonna find out..
and running nines may sound nice, but youd be doing 140 mph+ in 9n seconds.. that can become uncrontrollable--quickly..
if i were you, id settle for 11s..that should let you race and beat almost 99% of the cars out there-street.. and getting there with 2 turbos is very possible-while keeping the luxury aspect of the car intact..
i have seen new Mercedes run high 11s at the track at 119 mph.. this was a twin turbo..and we know they are heavy cars also..
after your running 11s, you feel the car is not fast enough-- then you can start adding some nitrous.. but i think when you start running 11s, your gonna feel its fast enough..

Chrisman,

I'm curious. What Mercedes runs twin turbo. I thought they all ran twin screw superchargers.

11's out of the box is pretty impressive!

the one i saw was a coupe-- i believe it was cl600 -- i think.. it ran like an 11.89.. i kknew they were fast, but i was still surprised.. it was a young guy--about 30 something..lucky bugger..his girlfriend was hot too--..

HAHA the AMG CL600 is bloody awesome, 6.0ltr V12 TT 450kw and 1000nm of torque from 2000-4000rpm(!!!!) 0-100km/h in 4.5secs....it shows that correctly sized turbos can compete with a supercharged engine for low end torque.

I have been thinking about the GT2871R. I would like to fit the them in the AC compressor and the Alternator location.

is this on an SC or LS? the alternator? is that why you want to flip it? i can send you a smaller alt--it will be easier to fit the exhaust around it.. they will bolt on..and its not expensive.. just call me..

I want to relocate the alternator so i can fit a T25 turbine between the V. The AC area also can fit a T25 turbine. I have tried to put in a T3 turbine and fit not problem. I would like to do this in the SC400 with twin either GT2871R or GT3071R-WG with small A/R like .63 or so. I can live without AC, but the alternator need to be relocated.

Here are some pictures of the T3.

the higher miles-in my opinion- make no difference with these engines.. and as long as you keep boost down, and dont go racing around everywhere, your trans should also be fine.. but i have not tried TT on the sc(yet) while keeping the AC..but i think some guys are trying..

Well if anyone tries this and is successful let me know so I can copy you! I wanted to just do a 2JZ swap but I'm starting to think you guys are onto something here using that extra 1.0L of displacement to our advantage with a V8 TT setup.... someone make a kit so I don't have to spend truck loads of money on custom fab and R&D!

i think ryan-sc400t-in florida is getting one done now.. a TT sc with the ac.. i havnt talked to him in a while, but im sure he is trying to get it done.. your in florida? you should get a hold of him--im sure he will be glad to talk to you about it..

Back