Turbo Headers: $2500?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
just read this whole thread - lol...

i cant believe what a bunch of old women you folk sound like in this thread...

bitch, moan, *knit*, whine, bicker, *knit*, gossip, back-stab, *knit*

makes me glad i can design and make my own stuff and not have to deal with ANY of you guys trying to make and sell bolt-on options. its a joke seeing this kind of behaviour amongst grown men! lol!

as for fabrication costs, i just paid around US$2500 mates rates (with me doing half the dirty work) for a custom set of NA headers and slipfit merge collectors - proper ones, tuned equal length etc etc, ceramic coated, worth every cent. now thats mates rates. to do it as a commercial exercise, these would sell for around US$3500 give or take. that is what this stuff costs to make!

im sure someone will point me a link towards rush headers and tell me what a waste of money this all is, and to that, i say - good luck to you ;)
I'll say it again !!! Unless your building an all out drag motor or F1 engine no point in spending big $$ on equal length on turbo manifolds. Yes equal length if its easy but IMO there's no extra power there! Unless your well over 120rwkw per litre...
Yes my tig cost $6k the flanges cost me $50 each the pipe bends etc about $170 tops... and $20 for a T4 flange..Now tell me where is the extra cost? O/k add $350 for ceramic coating...BTW tmk the $2500 was U.S I was referring to Aussie dollar... That makes it $2k for labour and equipement... I paid my tig off in 3 months and $18 a month for Argon and Argoshield gas bottles...

Now tell me where is the extra cost?

in the 50hrs it took to make them
25hrs per side, including 2 completely remade pipes (v10!), collectors, slip fitting mounts and shield plates
and thats not assing about, 2 people, start to finish

PS - i said NA headers. i agree with the 'no need for FI' sentiment up to a point.
just trying to impart a sense of reality to all the folks who seem to think custom fabrication falls out of trees

Yep !!! If anyone thinks car stuff is plug and play ??
They better keep to there lap top....

Back