Time to start fitting 1UZ into my hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Looks good Guts!! Did you end up making the adpapter, or buying an off the shelf one?

What did the rubber hose from the AFM to the Throttle Body come off? I would much prefer that setup to the modified silencer box thing I have at the moment.

His rubber is from a UZS131 Crown by the looks of it, but cut down to angle off at 60degrees instead of 90degrees.

Twisty,

Don't write of the "modified silencer thing" as it actually is a resonance chamber for the inlet system.

It improves torque and HP. Throw it away and you'll throw away a bit of grunt.

Zuffen said:
I'm yet to believe this.

I know the guys on PlanetSoarer.com did the tests and found that it does do something.
But reading through the Julian Edgar '21st Century Performance' book, he doesn't mention them at all. He replaced his car's intake with a straight pipe, did tests with manometers, but not once mentioned those resonance chambers/mufflers thingo's.

Zuffen said:
Twisty,

Don't write of the "modified silencer thing" as it actually is a resonance chamber for the inlet system.

But its has the ass cut off it and been plastic welded to clear the Brake Booster, so its not being used as toyota designed it to anyway.

It might be making things worse, which is the main reason I wanted to get rid of it. It would be very interesting to dyno my current setup, then Guts's setup.

Actually I'm planning on doing a power run on the dyno soon, to see how much I'm up over the old V6, so I will post something in the wanted section (once I know exactly what pipe Guts's is running) and if I can get the pipe that Guts has I will get the two setups dyno'd.

Peewee said:
His rubber is from a UZS131 Crown by the looks of it, but cut down to angle off at 60degrees instead of 90degrees.

You are spot on, all I did was lined it up where I wanted it (the angle) by holding it above the inlet pipe and tightened up the hose clamp around the hose then just cut around the pipe next to where the clamp was. Wasn`t certain that the size of the pipe would be right in the corner, it was a bit tight to get on but not over the top.

Twisty the adaptor and the filter I just bought at Autobarn, its only a cheepish setup but will do for now. As like I have said before I plan on reconnecting the snorkel after it is regoed again.

Zuffen, I know you have said it will throw away some hp but I do plan on getting the box modified later on and trying it. For now but I will have about 100kw more at the wheels then I had with the turboed 2.8 diesel, once I get reused to the rig and where its breaking point is I`ll then start playing around with things to see if I can get more power. I just want to get the P of S going again so a few things are getting done the easiest and quickest way for now.

I today set myself a dead line to have this thing finished by mid March (might not have engineers and rego done then) by talking to the 4x4 mag photographer and organising with him to at least do detail shots of it before I take it out and start bending, scratching and breaking it. We will then be doing driving shots of it on possibly the 1st weekend of May, if not sooner.

This weekend the tray gets painted and hopefully dropped back on, if another mate isn`t buisy we will also finish the wiring and install the fuel pump.

Then I`ll just have
Put interia back in (one nights job)
put glass back in.
2 doors to get and paint.
Castlemain Rod Shop rear sump, have spoken to them and it is just under $600 with pickup to suit but is change over on my mid sump pickup.
Exhaust
Get my new tube front bar (gotta love sponsors as he is going to make me a new one even though there is nothing wrong with my old one, its just that he has changed the design a little bit)
Check front diff out.
engineers report
rego.

Sounds easy when said like that lol

From what I have found reading a VL/VN fuel pump will do the job for a stock 1uz, I`m I correct? Its just an external version of the internal pump on newer crummydores.

Plan on getting one of these on Saturday morning if its the correct one.

Cool thanks for the into Guts.....I'll post a thread in the wanted section and see how I go...

What are you doing with your old front bar?

Twisty,

I guess if it's been hacked you're right chuck it.

I had to separate the top and bottom and rotate the bottom 180degrees and re-join it so mine would clear the firewall. Once I'd re-joined it I mounted it with the air flowing thru it the opposite way. That is I then used the old inlet as the outlet so the longer section pointed forward. You can't just turn it around as it's shaped to the top of the cylinder head.

Autospeed did some testing a couple of years ago (not on a 1UZ) and came up with some stunning differences between with and without the resonator.

Autospeed did some testing a couple of years ago (not on a 1UZ) and came up with some stunning differences between with and without the resonator.
Hmmm, then its very interesting that Julian Edgar didn't write about it in his book, because he is basically AutoSpeed.

twisty_toy94 said:
Cool thanks for the into Guts.....I'll post a thread in the wanted section and see how I go...

What are you doing with your old front bar?
Sorry twisty but since its sponsor supplied he gets to do with it as he wishes. But next time I`m talking to him I`ll ask him about it for you if you wish.

Sounding very promising now Guts.
As to this talk on air intake plumbing- has anyone actually reversed the plenum and got pics of it?
It would solve a few issues and does it really look that bad?
Josh.

Someone on here did it in their 4WD.

It could have been the range rover one.

Check the threads.

It was done because of the battery in opposite corner to most Toyota's.

Its finaly getting wired now, took it out to my mates place so that he can work on it after work each night as he just isn`t getting time come weekends with all the other work he has on after hours.

Hoping it will be done within a fortnight, but don`t worry you be hearing all about it once it is running.

After what seems like 5 years the motor is now wired and runs.

We had it going on Sunday arvo, only had the wiring hanging over the guards and hooked up but not run proply so that if something was wrong it was easy to find and fix. It is now all run correctly and we only have to wire up the thermos and run the power feeds to the relays and computor from the battery.

Should have it home this sunday and I will send all day Monday putting it back together, then I will only have sump, exhaust, tail shafts, engineers and rego to go.

Guts,

You'll have it finished in time for lunch on Monday. HAHA

Sounds like a short list but it never is.

Good luck with it good to see you got it running.

Sounds like a 6 slab wiring job!

Back