Guess which new car did this dyno???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
On the subject of LS7s...

Stock = 7 liters, 427cid, 505hp (crankshaft)

Here is a "warmed up" version:

Ported heads, camshaft, headers and tuning...

Oh well, just a junky dinosaur pushrod piece of American junk...

What's that again? 400rwtq at 2000rpm!!!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1904111

vasigwa8xm8.jpg

kevindyno2ac6.jpg

Jibby,

There's no substitute for cubic inches.

Do some maths, what would a 7 litre 1UZ put out with the same modifications?

Way more than 505 at the the fly.

The 1UZ would have around 430FWHP in stock form at 7 litres. If you couldn't scrounge a lazy 80FWHP with porting, headers and an aftermarket ECU you would have to give up.

Of course the 1UZ would rev past 6,500rpm

At that displacement? As a 4.0L I can see it, but larger displacement generally means lower rpm. Unless you put more tech into it...

Jibby,

There's no substitute for cubic inches.

Do some maths, what would a 7 litre 1UZ put out with the same modifications?

Way more than 505 at the the fly.

The 1UZ would have around 430FWHP in stock form at 7 litres. If you couldn't scrounge a lazy 80FWHP with porting, headers and an aftermarket ECU you would have to give up.

Of course the 1UZ would rev past 6,500rpm

If you take the 1UZ-VVVTI stock = 300 FWHP .... at 7 litre = 525 FWHP !!!

lol damn...after reading the first post i already knew. i'm a few weeks too late to give the correct answer though.

Well the Ferrari 4.3 Liter motor makes 500bhp so looking at N/A liter size to power output you won't find a stronger manufactured motor that will do much better then that.....Then again this Ferrari motor rev's like a motor cycle engine...

This engine is not from factory !!! It has been modified by private company...Not comparing apples with apples...

If you take the 1UZ-VVVTI stock = 300 FWHP .... at 7 litre = 525 FWHP !!!

Actually, the 1uzfe ration of 300hp was the older rating system. In the current rating system it is 288hp. That would give 504hp for 7 liters. In fact the LS7 delivers 505hp.

Obviously the 1uzfe is an amazing engine in so many ways. So, let's give the LS7 its due for matching the per liter output with only 2 valves per cylinder and pushrods!

Now, when it comes to modifying... the above LS7 is in the 700hp range. That calculates to 100hp per liter NATURALLY aspirated. Getting 400hp out of a xUZFE without forced induction is of course possible but WAY more expensive.

Now 7 liters is HUGE and most would expect dismall economy. Actually, the ZO6 Corvette with the LS7 engine is rated 15city/24hwy mpg

Haha I'm surprised how many corvette guys post here. It's a tight engine I never talked trash on it I was just being sarcastic in the other thread of course I'd want a Zr1 but only as a collector 1 mile per week ride so I can resell for whatever a low production sports car from an earlier era with 780 miles would make. That is if money were no option, I think it would be a nice investment.

Why be suprised???... Any man with with very good high performance engine knowledge can't help but appreciate the LSx engines... They are a very nice and stout performance engine that offers a very nice liter size as well... Who can bash that? Only ignorant people will put down a good performance engine just because of the brand name or manufacturer...

Yeah it's not Toyota but it simply kicks arse..... I think I read the most desireable swapped engine into any street rod would be the LS1 engine over any other choice... That alone tells you what the LSx engines are all about..

The Xuz-fe engine are outstanding motors but unless you boost you are not going to get any where near the LSx N/A power... You can do a few mod's like cams and exhaust and produce 400whp on the base LS1 motors...Try doing that on any Toyota motor and you will find it's not happening... Maybe the newer 5.7 Toyota motors coming out will be comprable but I still think it will come up a little short when comparing...

The Xuz-fe engine are outstanding motors but unless you boost you are not going to get any where near the LSx N/A power...

I think people forget what the 'F' in UZ-FE means. Considering the style of head it has, this motor does very well. A 'G' style head on a UZ block would be a serious motor. This hypothetical UZ-GE would me more comparable to an LS-X.

Mark

I think people forget what the 'F' in UZ-FE means. Considering the style of head it has, this motor does very well. A 'G' style head on a UZ block would be a serious motor. This hypothetical UZ-GE would me more comparable to an LS-X.

Mark

I would like to see a technical discussion between the FE and the GE port layout, valve angle and combustion chamber shape.

We also should consider that the early 1990-1997 1UZFE engines had a substantially different intake port angle and intake manifold layout to the 1998+ engines. I have seen at least anecdotal evidence that even this better flowing 1998+ head has an intake port that goes turbulent at over .350" of valve lift. I am unaware of either the availability of cams this size for the VVTi version of these engines or the best port work for increasing flow while maintaining velocity.

Maybe I will have to take on this challenge.

Discussion has been done many times on various toyota and clubman racing forums, "4age vs 4afe" in the end with enough porting the heads do the same thing.
one difference though, a 4aGe is normaly getting up to 200hp, on the right cams intake system and good mapping, whereas the 4aFe needs a LOT more attention to get to that level.

on the other hand looking down a 4afe intake port doesn't even remotly look like my early 1uzfe ports....... F is in the valve angle and chamber the alternate port desing is a result of these,

we should get some (now don't shoot me) K20a Style heads on the 1uz now that would be interesting.

more can be done than one would think, in the early days people adopted BMW 16v motorcylce engine heads onto 1960's ford kent crossflow engines which used to have pushrods.......

grtz Thomas

Well the Ferrari 4.3 Liter motor makes 500bhp so looking at N/A liter size to power output you won't find a stronger manufactured motor that will do much better then that.....Then again this Ferrari motor rev's like a motor cycle engine...

Wanna bet Jibbby. The H1 is a 2.6 litre V8 that makes 400hp n/a, i would love one of these in Striker's clubman :)

Nothing production about the h1 engine justin, it's twin busa's joind on a common cranck if I'm not mistaken.
Powertec desinged and build it, but hartley also has a similair thingy which they call their own.
cost for the engine is about 30K pounds, and rebuild every 2000km expept for endurance spec engines.
ps the H1 is allready superced with a 2.8L 455hp version, I would love to have one but not in a striker a road legal Radical sr3 springs to mind

I know of a lancia stratos replica that has one of these baby's on board, it's fenomaly quick.

hayabusav82800.jpg

but again a purpose build race engine, so not a production run like ferrari

the problem is and stays revs in low volume production engines.

grtz Thomas

Man, from all the head reads on this forum and others it really sounds like the stock 1uz-fe heads are crap......Absolute Flow stoppers... Are they really that bad? Maybe port work should be considered and in order for all of us, no?

It is also apparent a very well designed set of heads can make a huge difference in power on our 1uzfe's...

Oh, and Justen I was referring to manufactured engines that are street legal and sold in the dealerships like Ferrari.. My guess is that H1 engine doesn't come off an assembly line...However, a 2.6 Liter V8 pounding out 400bhp is crazy impressive...I wonder what that little v8 rev's up to... It must rev so high that it rattles the bolts right off the race car....

Hey Jibby

No I don't think you're right, all in all the complete 1uzfe is a very nice engine, not only the 6 bolt main lower end.
however there's quite some room in the non vvt heads to make reasonable gains.
I don't think anyone said that they're crap? or flowstoppers, but just remember the head desing is over 15years old now, and everyone has learned a great deal about flow characterisiks since then, not mention tooling availeble to go into a production line instead of being only used in purpose build stuff. techonolgy has been quite developing in that amount of time, which is why some makes are now into serious power levels per litre of desplacement,

just look at the desings of various honda and for instance BMW engines, they are making production power now which some F1 teams could only have dreamed of having 20 years ago.

so are the heads crap? No unmodified I understand that the rule of thumb is you should be able to get 300NA hp on stock porting, I would however be very nice to see what a 2zz of maybe 3sge head would do on this bottom end,

Oh and read v-eight.com they're a little deeper into head and port desing than we are over here.

grtz Thomas

ps: Erol would you like to share any with us about the ++ and -- of the stock gen1 1uzfe heads?

Back