1uz into 67 Hr Holden

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Pics

Sat the engine back in to check how I went fudging for more header clearance well it has worked in my favour as can be seen and decided to take a few more pics with a couple of bits bolted back on. I think it will look quite alright with the white rims on it as it will match the roof when it gets repainted. bought some old gauges and cleaned them up all i need now is an old Smiths fuel level gauge anyone............?

Nick.

more progress

Made the caliper brackets it was very straight forward to do , finished all the mods in the engine bay so a quick hit of satin black to give it some life and the engine mounts are finished bought some new tyres for the rims they are 245/40/18 for the front and 285/30/18 on the rear ,diff should be in soon will keep you posted

Nick.

legal

I know you aren't having a go but what's legal these days if we modified cars to be legal then we would all be driving the same cars , modifying a car is personal expression really ,and I have never built anything to be legal it was always what I wanted take the datto for instance . Presentation of a car will make them look the other way sometimes ,and so what get a defect for too wide put the stockies back on and remove the defect then go home and put my rims back on , I'll never grow up never got pulled over but was breathilised twice with the old mickey's on the rear the cop said it looked cool and much better than the normal skyline's he loves to pick on and that was before i painted it .

Nick

Attachments

• drivers side air dam.JPG
    drivers side air dam.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 589
  • passengers side air dam.JPG
    passengers side air dam.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 591
  • front on.JPG
    front on.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 591
  • spoiler air intake.JPG
    spoiler air intake.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 589
Re gauges

see that is why forums are sometimes more usefull as people share their knowledge to help others , Thanks for the heads up with the gauges as i was considering running the stock stuff at first and see how much stuffing around it was to use the old smiths gauges, as the look is suitable for the age of the car , didn't want autometer stuff already have that in the datto smiths suit the period of the HR in my opinion but as they say opinion's are like arsholes everyone's got one ..

Nick.

gettin engine to run is piss easy

gettin gauges to be correct is the hard part

if u want to run std gauges u get a speedo drive form a crown auto then u can srew a speedo cable onto it

mod the taco for late model 4cyl efi tacho

for the temp and i dont knwo why people dont think to do this but

u need the sender unit to match the gauge in the dash

so modify the hole where 1uz temp sender goes in and make it fit the holden temp sender or do what i do and get a vairable resistor and measure what resitance yr temp gauge is at cold medium and hot
then goto local instrument guy and see if there is something similar
i live in greystanes too and guy i use is 20 mins away
he helps me out heaps

u can do same with yr oil press gauge

its not hard to get thing working propely just takes alot of time and testing and meausring which alot of people in general hate doing
they would rather be told what fits than actually doing some work and measuring and testing

i did a 96 1uz into an old hr ute went ok just car felt old and tired
plus i guess the car was sort of a dump hehehheeh

progress

Brakes diff tailshaft column shift and wiring are now done thanks to my uncles help with giving the right wiring diagrams and letting me copy some things with the relay's it cranks over but still have to do the fuel lines and pumps thermo fan lower radiator hose and gearbox cooler and exhaust hoping to drive it to work this Thursday , (knock on wood) all going to plan also welcomong our 3rd child to the world Ava . Got a bit done in the last week and a half due to the baby being born and having a driver in the truck so it gave me the freedom of playing in the garage . Some pics to look at the engine bay doesn't have the soarer fuse box in it any more didn't need it any one help with the 3 thin wires off the alternator they are black/yellow and a white wire I know the yellow/green is the alt charge light for the dash and be nice and explain in simple terms as a auto elec I make a great truck driver .

That looks so much like the engine was put there by the General it isn't funny.

Very clean instal.

updates

dual 2.5" exhaust is done all mandrell bent cosisting of 2 magnaflow cats an x pipe and 2 straight through mufflers and tailpipes exiting just behind the rear wheels leaving the fuel lines to be bent up and wiper motor to be done , new carpet is fitted trans cooler and line all bent up and installed radiator hose's are done computer needs to be mounted, so getting very close , enjoy some more pics.

Nick.

gauges

no troubles just bought a couple of autometer gauges a fuel level and a electrical temp has the sender included will use the smiths tach and speedo for now , was told tach might flicker a little might be a pain going for constant 6000 rpm shifts (just being sarcastic ) everything will work itself out in the end ,if i did all these things properly now what would i spend my spare time on , it is only to be used as transport to and from work 8 klms away as driving the truck home is only so much fun. Speedo drive will come at next trip to wreckers with the faithfull verniers tape measure and pen and paper, gotta love pick and payless wreckers here , other things like heater reverse lights etc wiil come but don't take much to do . Gee i must sound way too laid back or not serious enough or devoted (must be the coctail of a few rums and Nurofen ) everything happens with time , personally this is moving fast for me as the engine only came out at Christmas time so almost 6 months , I'll have to park it for a couple of years a pick it up again , but seriously I'm talking too much now just rambling on , alcohol and pain killers great conbination , how's my spelling O.K. ...............................

Nick

updates

:fest30: pod filter adaptor is done fuel lines are done the soarer fuel pump is mounted , got some cool little warning lights for the dash all that is really left is to sort out my wiper motor setup and reverse lights still waiting for my Koni adjustables to turn up should be here mid month ordered them 3 months ago helped my neighbour do a lift kit on his 4wd today he raises cars I lower the crap out of em , I'll keep yous'e posted hopefully we'll have a start up this weekend .

Nick.

It runs

Many thanks to jim at sideshows performance wiring had everything ready to go but no spark rang him and he asked if the igniters were grounded I replied " no " so if your igniters aren't grounded / mounted could be your problem as well thanks again Jim.:lmao:

Fun

Been driving it for the last week now it is getting better had a miss in it still using the shitty old leads from the damaged car so ordered some new plugs and leads , waiting for them to turn up it sounds good the more you get into it , the shift leaves alot to be desired , oh well it was a luxury spec car it needs a shift kit baaaadddd. Brakes are excellent stop the car like you would not believe tyres give excellent traction would like to change the diff ratio to 4.11 up from the current 3.70 , i suppose being almost 11" wide would have something to do with that , fitting central locking at the moment got one of Sideshows fan controllers off him need to tap a fitting probably into the bolt that is used for bleed off , as the davies craig controller does not let it hit 70 degrees it is supposed to be a 40-100 degree controller , and thats with the stock 2 core HR radiator and a super cheap 14" thermo fan , and I still need to fit my Aussie Desert Cooler 4 core triple pass radiator definately will never overheat. still need to hook up a switch for the overdrive so I can turn it off when need be . after i find a simple solution for a shift kit we can take it to the drags and see what it will do , and if that don't make me happy that e-bay special turbo will get a look in.

Nick.:biglaugh:

Nick,

love the project, looks tough!

question regarding your diff ratio......
what rpm is it sitting on at 100km/h with the 3.7 ratio?

I've got a diff from a VS ecotec which will be getting cut and shut to suit my EJ Wagon. Will run the standard commo 3.08 open wheeler to begin with and I was thinking along the lines of around 3.5 or even as low as 3.7 eventually after everything else is sorted. Mine will still be an open road cruiser, so mustn't be screaming rpm wise at 100kmh.

but yeah, 4.1's would really get it off the line well.

cheers
Drew

Ratio

Don't know exactly what rpm's it's doing at 100 as i am still waiting for my Autometer speedo to turn up but it doesn't sound too revy keeping up with the traffic to and from work will let you know , but isn't the stock soarer ratio 3.9 ???? is this correct anyway with the 285/30/18 it is almost 25" in dia so it is a tall tyre

Diff

By the way use a R31 Skyline diff prefferebly the Silhouette one as it has 28 spline axles lsd and decent discs and the added benefit of easy handbrake cable hookup it is only 15mm longer than the stock HR so 7.5mm either side it will only need the brakets removed spring hangers welded on and a stud pattern change on the axles where as the commodore need shortening brackets spring hangers and also stud pattern if need be and a complex handbrake setup , my opinion from scrounging the wreckers anyways.anyone know the ratio for overdrive is .9 .8 .85 etc .

Nick.

Back