Wolf 550 ecu, tps

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

synergy_ako

Hey guys few questions

I'm building my supercharged 1uz, running htv 1900 blower custom intake manifold, 5 speed conversion etc etc.
I want to run a wolf 550 ecu but I also need to buy a throttle body for the intake , will there be a need for a tps on the wolf ecu or do they run without them? ?
Don't really know much about this kinda stuff

Yes you will need a TPS. I have a V500 on my current 1UZ and have just upgraded to the V550 for the new engine; a similar build to yours. It will be running by Christmas.. Well that's what I said prior to last Christmas.

Haha always the way!! Deadlines and budgets don't exist in the real world :/.
What's a good throttle body?? I know plazmaman make the goods but I'm not really keen on spending 600 on a throttle body but I know I should do it right!!
But a cheaper but good quality product would be better. Stock isn't an option.

I'll second the LS1 unit.

Built in idle control and parts are available from REPCO etc.

I went though a few TPS unit on mine as the shaft was a little overlength and it was pushing them out of range

You can get them on-line for $30.00 or a Holden Dealer for $240.00!

Guess which ones I have.

Lovey information! ive ebayed a few and they look good for the price, only question i have is because this is going on a supercharged engine pushing some big power.. is it wise to go twin tb's ( mustang unit) or single? ive herd that the " drivability" is abit rough when in the low rpm range?

Yes buy a TPS & Idle control valve to suit

Yes you'll need to purchase a TPS and IAC. Looks like it takes a std GM IAC which is a 4 wire. Best place to buy cheap connectors is to take a trip to your local pick-a-part with a pair of side cutters. Take a good look at the connectors and chop the ones that are nice and clean and aren't corroded. Our local guy charges 50cents for connector.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110976285489?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

this is the unit i have ordered do i just buy a tps sensor and an idle control valve? the only other question i buy do i have to buy a plug to suit the sensors??

sorry for all the noob questions

I ran an LS1 style (not factory but only slightly larger) on my supercharged engine and driveability wasn't a prob;em.

Besides if you go twin throttle the unit gets much bigger without any gain in airflow.

Do some Googling on airflow for the different sized throttles your looking at and you may find one large unit outflows two smaller units.

The Gm style has the advantage of an incorporated idle valve.

just beware of the 30 dollar tps from china
some of the commodore guys have had them fail

just goto shop like AFI who use good quality ones
don't buy from holden

I like to use the holley 92 mm cable throttle body for an ls2

also this is why old ecus got a bad name
the orig microtechs never came with air temp sensors
but I always insisted on fitting one
and old ems ecus u could actually turn off the tps

at the end of the day all these help the engine run better