Planned FI setup workable?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Ewen

Hi,

I'm looking to supercharge my 1990 1UZ-FE. I hear lots of different opinions about what to run and what's acceptable.

I've got a Vortech V2 supercharger and have the Lextreme mount bracket for that. The engine's stock and I planned to run 10psi boost (not more, maybe a little bit less if needed - thinking of using the Lextreme bypass valve for that). It'll always be run on 98 / 99 Ron fuel and I'm planning a water - air intercooler. I also planned to swap to the light-green topped 315cc 7MGE injectors.

Originally, I'd planned to run an aftermarket, programmable ECU but as money's a bit tight, I'd rather stick with the stock Lexus ECU for the moment (if I can).

I have some mechanical sympathy and it's planned for 'fast road' / medium-spirited ocassional circuit use (not drag racing).

What do you guys reckon?

Thanks!

Very close to my setup. Looks good. Hopefully someone can chime in about the ECU. I was looking into an SMT6 for its price $200-$300 and what you get out of it.

Thanks Red Phoenix,

Good to hear people are using this kind of set up.

The SMT6 looks interesting. I hadn't thought of a piggyback unit. Is $200 - $300 the regular price? I see there's an SMT8 / SMT8L which is to replace it.

Out of interest, do you have any rough output figures for your car?

Thanks again,
Ewen

I forgot to mention the one I am working on... there are a few roaming around here with figures for you. SMT6 can be found for 200-300, but new is still 500 if you find them.