Newbie of a different kind

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Rdrokit

Hello all,
Just joined your site to learn about 1UZ engines as they are new to me. I have restored alot of classic cars while living in the US but they all had American engines. I retired to Thailand a few years ago at age 58 as I was tired of the rat race but could not afford to retire in the US till I was at least 62 and now after the meltdown more like 66. We have many car clubs here in Thailand and I belong to the Thai American Car Club which just has American iron. The thing over here is most of the original engines are long gone so they are replaced with Japanese engines. The car I just bought had a turbo 1JZ but since I love V-8s I had the mechanic I bought it from put in a 1UZ so I am here to learn about this engine. Here are a couple pics, one of my car and one of the engine. Thanks for letting me join your site
rokit

1965 Oldsmobile Cutlass
IMGP0173.jpg

My 1UZ
Engine-1.jpg

Welcome to Lextreme! I'm 58, and am also looking for alternatives to retiring in the US. Can't afford this place anymore - too many thieves in high places robbing from the poor to give to the rich.

BTW, I can hear your car begging for a 6-71 and a bird catcher.

Nice. That was my first car. I sure miss that thing. My sister floored it coming out of a parking lot, spun a 180 right into a light pole. End of car.:tapedshut:

Nice. That was my first car. I sure miss that thing. My sister floored it coming out of a parking lot, spun a 180 right into a light pole. End of car.:tapedshut:

What a coincidence. My mom bought one new when I was a senior in high school and I rolled it into a canal at 100mph in the rain...end of car.