1UZ auto bellhousing to manual trans.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZPWR

Greetings all!

I found this page way back (possibly linked from this site) where the author made an adaptor that goes between a 1UZ bellhousing off an auto transmission, and a toyota manual transmission.

http://geocities.com/deonsv8hilux/

bellhousing.jpg

I recall reading somewhere that someone actually makes an adaptor plate like this, but of course, I forgot where I saw that. Does anyone know where I can get one? I like the idea of this setup, as it seems like a very simple idea, and would lend it's self to working with a variety of transmissions. On the down side, I have no idea how many bolts are used between the trans and bellhousing. Hopefully all of them, but I suspect that is wishful thinking.

I've got a bellhousing already,
and I was thinking of using a hydraulic throw-out bearing so I don't need to worry about a release fork or anything.

Thanks!

Phill Bradshaw makes them for a few different tranny's or well atleast he did. Im pretty sure that he still does. His email address is [email protected] .... Drop him an email with what tranny you are wanting to use and which bellhousing (U1 or U2) and he'll let you know whether or not he has one for that particular set up.

It seems a problem may have come up.
I'm looking at the bellhousing I've got, and it's definately not the same as the earlier bellhousings, which is understandable, considering it's off an LS430 transmission (6spd auto, don't know the code off the top of my head). I have my doubts that there is an adaptor to suit the bellhousing I have.
Engine side looks good, as expected, but the transmission end is definately off. Of course this doesn't stop me from using the bellhousing already in the car, but it would have been nice to have it all set to go. I'm looking to minimize down time, as my SC is my daily driver (not that swapping a bellhousing takes very long).

My current concern is locating a clutch pedal assembly. Checked the local Toy/Lex dealership, and it's not available new.

I would be very interested to find out exactly what the differences are as I have an A350 trans I was planning to use with the earlier bellhousing.
I haven't tried a bellhousing on it yet but was told it was the same as the A340...???

Will dig it out over the weekend and do a trial fit...

Did the late SCs ever come out with a different motor with an manual?. I have an early soarer Uzz30 (Jap spec SC400) coming in on the weekend for a manual conversion. This chassis came out as a JZZ30 with a 1JZ and a manual box allowing us to purchase a brand new clutch pedal assembly. More research into options is needed. We make an internal release bearing on some and they are really nice and give a nice soft pedal even with heavy duty clutch assemblies. Good luck with yours. Cheers