Project Thread What turbo/turbos for 6-8psi 1uzfe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

John j

Hey I'm wanting to do a rear mount turbo setup on my Toyota soarer and just looking for recommendations on good budget turbochargers.
Only aiming for 300-350rwhp as I'll be using the stock ecu with a safc-2.

Also if you have any recommendations in Melbourne for getting the safc-2 tuned.

Cheers

Hey I'm wanting to do a rear mount turbo setup on my Toyota soarer and just looking for recommendations on good budget turbochargers.
Only aiming for 300-350rwhp as I'll be using the stock ecu with a safc-2.

Also if you have any recommendations in Melbourne for getting the safc-2 tuned.

Cheers
Look up Addicted Performance, Hallam (Melbourne). They have done a down stream turbo on a Soarer however he probably won't touch a stock ECU. Probably suggest you go fo a Haltech.

T4 frame turbo is not necessary at this target power range.

I'd recommend a 3584 if you want to have room to go further in the future. Its what I'm using.
If you want quick response, a 3071 will do the trick but will choke the engine if you try to push it further.

Why rear mount?? There is heaps of room in the Soarer engine bay!!

x2 on the Haltech - you will always be stuck within the limits of a factory ECU using a SAFC.

T4 frame turbo is not necessary at this target power range.

I'd recommend a 3584 if you want to have room to go further in the future. Its what I'm using.
If you want quick response, a 3071 will do the trick but will choke the engine if you try to push it further.

Why rear mount?? There is heaps of room in the Soarer engine bay!!

x2 on the Haltech - you will always be stuck within the limits of a factory ECU using a SAFC.
I'm really not after much power and as I've only just gotten into stick welding I'm not confident in fabricating anything in the engine bay maybe later down the road I'll give it a go.
I've already got a full exhaust system so I'd like to rear mount the turbo

Don't go too big with the turbo then - the extra distance from exhaust to turbo, then turbo to inlet, will affect response.
Wrap as much of the exhaust as you can, as hotter gasses have higher velocity.
Keep your inlet return pipe away from the exhaust.

This build might give you some good ideas.
Nugget Garage Supra - Rear Mount Setup

Back