US spec LX470 Airfilters. Panel or Round??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

crushu

My Aussie LX470 has a large round aircleaner, in a large air box. After dynotuning, it is apparent that the filter, AND the air box, are very big restrictions.
After trying to look up the K&N to suit, it says the filter is a panel filter?? So if I buy the TRD, Fram or whatever performance filter, it will be wrong?

I can modify the factory box to flow more, but the filter is a problem.

I want to keep the stock appearance, otherwise I would get the K&N system, but it is a Pod, and I hate pods!

yes the US spec has a panel filter (well, Canadian ones do, and typically Canadian and US cars are very close in spec.)

Over here, LX450s had a round one, with swirl pot in the bottom to catch debris.

EDIT: Borrowed a pic from eBay.
auto%20%2819%29.JPG

Yeah, ours is the same on the 6 cyilinder LC's, must be for our potentially dustier conditions. Bugger....

I wonder why you guys only got crappy panel filters, while we got massive drum filters. Maybe they thought the US market was too tight to pay for the expensive elements.

There aren't near as many dusty places here as in australia, and 99% of LX and LCs aren't even driven on a dirt road, so the larger filter really isn't necessary.

Attachments

• garage 006.jpg
    garage 006.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 3
  • garage 008.jpg
    garage 008.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 3
  • garage 009.jpg
    garage 009.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 3
  • garage 010.jpg
    garage 010.jpg