SC400 Fuel Cut

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Beware when reading Toyota tachs for checking RPM. Many in the parts bins are prone to being slow to respond. Use something that can log your ignition signal<s> quickly to get a 95% reading.
Example: This v6 reads bouncing 6300-6500 on the tach sometimes (Which redlines at 6850rpm), but when logged, will log 7000-7100rpm before ignition cutoff.
How about this king of piggybacks, the SM 6 and 7's..?
IDK. The smt6's can batch fire 6 x 16ohm injectors, and can drive alot of wierd ignition signals if you can figure them out.
So *technically* yes... You'd just ahve to add extra injectors & figure out some way (yiiipes!) to transition the fueling from stock to extra injectors.
The smt7 could probably do the same thing - just better.

AFA defeating the stock systems to trick it into working? I don't think it's possible without some sort of reprogramming on most ECUs. If they ahve a hard rpm limit programmed in - that's it. EX: 7000rpm = 7000rpm no matter what you do! :)

i'm pretty sure its 6500rpm b/c that's what i got and earlier in the post someone with a digitial gauge said his cuts at 6500 and that's also the redline, so i am going to assume that its 6500rpm.

hmmn, started looking at this megasquirt business, this could be an affordable solution and one could rev until, well within reason or an explosion.

I've done 1 MS now & liked it, but only for the price & satisfaction. :\ They don't have the best tuning resolutions. Which isn't a problem when you're talking about doing a carb to EFI swap... Hell anything with a closed loop & open loop programming is going to be better than a carb lol.

Personally. I would splurge the extra 200-400 for a basic AEM unit than doing a MS. I'm sure someone will disagree with that, but eh.

It is probably listed in the factory repair manual. Toyota is typical in an engine speed governor. An old style governor doesn't usually cut anything. It simply all the fuel you are going to get. The ECU controlled cars do cut fuel injection and turn back on.

Is there an online version?

edit:

Please excuse the crudeness of the page. It is a scan. This is all Toyota products through 96, OBDII.

fuel%20cut.jpg

Back