Pics of Upper Oil Pan, Off the Motor?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
As the subject says, I'm looking for pics of the upper (cast) oil pan, ideally one which is already off the motor, or if not, then taken from perhaps a 45 degree angle from the right & left sides of the motor. If the pan is off the motor, I'd like to have both external and internal (ie top & bottom) shots if possible.

This is for the installation of an external prelube pump. I need to find a suitable place on that pan to weld a fitting in order to drop a suction line into the sump.

Apologies in advance if these pics are already on the site; I'm on a really poor Internet connection in the middle of the Sahara and can't use the search function very well.

Many thanks in advance,

John

Cebby, thanks, I'd be interested in both configurations. Anything you could email to johnUNDERSCOREcribbATourhoudDOTcom would be appreciated.

David, yes those were very helpful. Nice detail - if you have more you can send to the above address.

Thanks for the quick response!

John

Attachments

• v8 intake 2.JPG
    v8 intake 2.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 82
  • v8 intake.JPG
    v8 intake.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 109
After looking at David's pics, I'm thinking about putting the fitting in the spot marked by the red circle in the pic below.

It will probably be a 1/2" half coupling, and I'll use a full bore "through" type tube fitting to put a 1/2" SS suction tube down into the sump at about a 45 degree angle. Hopefully this won't foul the existing oil pickup for the engine driven oil pump, nor the oil level sensor....

Once the suction line is sorted, the rest of the prelube system should be a doddle. I'll be running a remote oil filter & cooler, so I'll put inline check valves on both sides of the oil filter housing and bring both oil pump discharge lines into those, then just run a common line after the filter to the thermostat/cooler, and then back to the block and into the main oil gallery.

You might want to see if that location would interfer the engine mount of now. Does the suction line must be submerge into the oil?

Thanks David, good point. I'm home in two weeks and will then go visit the builder and see the motor in person.

Yes it has to be submerged in oil.

FOR SUCTION, I'D BE WELDING A BUNG INTO THE ACTUAL PRESSED PAN PART, NOT THE CAST ALUM PART.

sorry caps.

David / Aaron, thanks, and yes the sump would probably be a lot easier for my needs, but I'm just deadset against adding anything on that sump that could get knocked off.

John

Attachments

• ati-specs.jpg
    ati-specs.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 17
Weld on will never coming off. I am afraid if you mount it too high it might interfer the crank and its rotating assembly.

Back