LSD Diff options on a LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
1996 LS400 diff 'clock'

When your talking about the diff you said that the clock was different.
What is the clock ?

The 'clock'

G'day Hypronet.... i typed 'clock' into a drivetrain seach window.....

we are rebuilding the diff on a '96 LS400 (UCF 20)...this is not the same as a '91 LS400 diff.
The Torsen diff doesn't fit in the "clock"....
We are thinking of changing the subframe to a 97 LS400 (vvti), which equals the Supra subframe...

Anybody knows which other lsd-diff does fit into the '96 LS400 so don't have the complete sub-frame ????

We want both wheels spinning...no mig diff :madfawk:
THX !

1998 ls400

G'day Mr Hydronet.... my diff has 4 point mount.... so this means its an 8" ?
.. So why would the earlier 3 point diff be a bigger 8 3/4' ?

Has anyone gone any further with their diff swaps?

I was looking for diff centers today and found cusco makes one for the LS400 but the price was over 2K. Not sure if that is compairable to having Kaaz custom build one.

Maybe this would be a more cost effective way of getting LSD into our LS than swapping to a supra diff? That is if no one is concerned with changing gear ratios...

hi mr. Armed_N'_Hammered....
what year model was that cusco for ?
.. and yeah, i'm still dead keen to go a LSD for my Lexy..... Its just that i'm fixing some damage i did to mine 2 months ago.... finding a good front cut proving slow.... there's plenty of UCF10's but not UCF21's...... but as soon as that's fixed, the diff is the next project..... I think i'll go down the road of looking for a '96 or later Supra diff with a Torsen 2 centre and use my gearing.....

Attachments

• damage 033.jpg
    damage 033.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 7
  • damage 035.jpg
    damage 035.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 4
The great diff debate

yeah well that's a bit of a mistery... as ive always thought that the diff centre was different on the UCF10 and UCF20. Even on these forums, the concensus seems to confirm that. However on both the Kaas (DAT3020) and Cusco (HBD192A) web site's they say that their LSD units are the same for both UCF10 & 20, '01 onwards Supra and Soarer.
.... Now i spent months going thru toyota diff part numbers on the site
toyodiy.com and according to their part numbers, both the UCF10 and UCF20 both had different diff centre part numbers.
The part numbers for open diff cases (centres) are the same for all the Soarer's from '91 onwards...UZZ30,31,40. and JZZ30,31 and 32 And Supra's from '91 onwards (except 6MT) ... and the UCF20. And they all quote the same LSD part number (where applicable) Now that means i guess that the Tosen 1 and Torsen 2 should fit every Soarer and SC300/400 '91 onwards including UCF20 &21.
Now i know guys put LSD's in UCF10's but i'm not sure what there out of.. I just don't know why the part numbers for the UCF10 diff don't match anything else.... Maybe someone else can she some light on that...

Back