Liquid LPG injection

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
sent an emaill off to the company. looks to be around the $2500 misus the $2000 the goverment give us for installing LPG.. so for 500 bucks its a bargan

lpg inljection

I have been waiting on the edge of my seat for this technology to become available and have all the bugs ironed out.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/6D173CE2202DBAF8CA2574720013A02A

It looks like it is still at least 6 months away from being a reality.

For FI it has to be the answer to a lot of prayers with the charge cooling effect.

Looks like a great system and I'd love to see it here in 6months, however, I've been following this for 5 years, and it's always been '6-12 months away from production' when I enquire - I wouldn't hold your breath!

Costs - I'd guess around $3500 but most likely higher to have inectors that can give enough fuel for a v8. $2500 seems too cheap - most decent vapour non-injection systems seem to be selling for $3000 at the moment, with vapour injection for $3500 to $6500 - and you generally get what you pay for.

BTW - how would it go with turbo systems?

I saw an XR6 turbo running LPG...

I have to assume this was an old style LPG system, which are prone to back firing..

surely this is going to result in your turbo being in a dozen pieces inside your engine? :/

components are available, a complete kit is about $3,000. There is no 1uz kit and never will be but you can buy all the components and make your own. A friend here is in the process of ordering a kit to do his car.
The new tank has a built in pump, new injectors and regulator it also has effectively a piggy back ecu which he will junk as he is going to run a standalone.

I believe boosted systems are ok and fuel pressure is referenced the same as any boosted system.

I will get details from him and post.

I saw an XR6 turbo running LPG...

I have to assume this was an old style LPG system, which are prone to back firing..

surely this is going to result in your turbo being in a dozen pieces inside your engine? :/

It would have been sequential vapour injection like I have. Individual injectors controlled by an ECU.

components are available, a complete kit is about $3,000. There is no 1uz kit and never will be but you can buy all the components and make your own. A friend here is in the process of ordering a kit to do his car.
The new tank has a built in pump, new injectors and regulator it also has effectively a piggy back ecu which he will junk as he is going to run a standalone.

I believe boosted systems are ok and fuel pressure is referenced the same as any boosted system.

I will get details from him and post.
Cobber, do you know what the injectors are rated at, I had a look at a very good vapour system - but to go above 200kw you had to go to larger injectors - with a $1200 increase in price.

Cobber, do you know what the injectors are rated at, I had a look at a very good vapour system - but to go above 200kw you had to go to larger injectors - with a $1200 increase in price.

when I was looking, the biggest injectors I could find would require me to run two per cylinder for the power I was aiming for, which would of course require a custom intake manifold :greddy2:

At one time, Prins reckoned their largest Keihin injectors were good for around 50 HP per cylinder.

The Prins rep that I knew had installed these on his supercharged Cobra Mustang, and was making around 600 HP to the wheels, IIRC. If you figure 80-100 HP lost to the supercharger, plus 15% drivetrain loss, that's not bad.

edz,

Don't know what the injector size is but they were going to be big enough for a supercharged 1uz. I did have a chat with my friend and he has put his L LPG system on hold due to a high number of in tank fuel pump failures. This requires a whole new tank because they are sealed in the tank.

I would suggest contacting the system manufacturers direct it's a bit hard to get good info second hand.

My friend went to vapour injection with the profire ecu.

Still don't know of anyone running liquid LPG injection.

Please tell me you have a 1uz in that Kombi.

My friend went to vapour injection with the profire ecu.

Still don't know of anyone running liquid LPG injection.

Please tell me you have a 1uz in that Kombi.

My vapour LPG has been shitting me, but I think it comes down to the actual multivalve in my cheap tank. I don't think it can cut the mustard and the shut off valve is way too sensitive. I can get the emergency valve to shut sometimes when i floor it :(

Time to look for a decent multivalve.

can someone with Liquid LPG on their 1UZ take some pics of the injector rails, and the system,and post them on here ? my LPG fitter would like to have a look,

Thanks

Autospeed Article: Hybrid Hyundai uses Liquid LPG Inj

Very informative article this week in AutoSpeed on the new Hyundai hybrid that uses liquid LPG and Li Ion batteries. http://autospeed.com/cms/A_111460/article.html

I have never understood why the alternative fuels and hybrid crowd have chased every possible wacky solution under the sun save the one that's already established with an existing infrastructure, cheap, and right under their noses. LPG.

Go Hyundai!

I'm seriously considering liquid LPG for the new engine....hardware costs are up there though which is putting me off a bit.

I need a system that utilises as much of what i have in place as possible including ECU control....thoughts?

Attachments

I found that site last night but no installers near Canberra :(

Any indication of price? and what sort of hp it can support?

The gas injectors run on a variable duty cycle like petrol injectors? So your tuner could tune as per normal on the dyno?

Back