Idling Problems

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Idling issues

Nemesis,

I believe the ECU that I have is from a pre-VVT-i Celsior, 1996 or so. It has a front sump and Toyota badge. By reading through this thread it seems like if the ECU I have is the same it will help you out. Let me make a phone call today and get the I.D. number and the number of the pins on the unit.
I have used an Autronic SM4 for my project. I will get the information to you later today. Please PM me with your mailing address for shipment. How about I cover the cost of mailing to you and you donate the like (or more) amount to this site? Deal? Hope this will help you.

Andrew k.

I had always been lef to believe that I had a Celsior motor. However after reading through Rod's ECU Part Number thread, those that have the same part number and 3x40pin plugs are those saying Crown/Majenta.

The part number on mine is 175000 - 4911

I finally tracked down what the broken pin is thanks to an old link from HiLex. It came back as being "Batt via 30A EFI no1 fuse." Is it just me or does that sound like the constant battery supply as suggested earlier?

Andrew, if the ECU matches it sounds like a great deal, and great generosity on your part.

Cheers
Bryan

idling issues

Nemesis,
Sorry I could not help. My offer is extended to any member that needs my ECU for personal use. It is a 175000-8110 with pins 34/22/16/28

Nemises,

You should be able to replace all the pins.

They are soldered into a carrier attached to the ECU.

If you go to Jaycar with the ECU they should be able to supply a heap of the correct sized pins.

All you need to do is to be brave enough to dismantle the front of the ECU (not hard or electronic wizardry) and remove one pin at a time and replace it with a new one.

Use CRC or WD40 to claen up the rusted area.

Sounds like you have a Majesta motor. I have an ecu here for one of them. Pm me if you need one. Pin number 33 goes to battery.

When you turn the key off, does it remove all power from the ecu. This means every time its started it would have to relearn its parameters. A certain wire to the ecu needs an uninterupted power all the time, even when the key is removed. Just a thought. Kris

Well you were right Kris. My findins with the ECU turned out to be the dissapearing battery pin. I just pulled her apart and soldered a wire to the pin on the circuit board, which i've spliced into the harness. Works a treat, restarts fine, every time! Yay! :smoker: :shock: :happysad:

I think 31, 32, and 33 all are power in, I think 33 could be battery memory as it goes to the main fuse box, I am working from memory and I can not check as my wiring book is in my Nissan and It is all wrapped in Plastic as I am in the middle of repainting it.
Did water get into your ECU or was it corroding before you brought it?
If water got in and caused this problem this could be a warning for all of us that are fitting the 1UZFE in our four wheel drives.

Water got in after, but as I mentioned (i think) it was due to the A/C drain hose becoming dislodged, the one under the dash. Incidently I had my ecu under it.....

I have fitted my ECU under the air con in my Nissan, so I hope this is not going to be a problem here also, I have fitted my ECU with the plugs to the bottom. I thought it should be ok, as I have fitted it the same as the original fit in the half cut I brought.

Back