Standalone ECU Wolf V500 On a 1UZ Soarer

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MaxPower

Not sure if anyone is aware or not but very soon Wolf will have a plugin adapter for the new V500 ECU for 1UZ Soarer's. The big thing here is the ECU can also control the trans so looks like a good value upgrade for those with a soarer or a good option for anyone looking for a standalone for a conversion. Just something to keep an eye out for.

The wolf V500 is out now.
It's a somewhat more expensive piece of kit - I priced it at $2000 AUD vs the Link ecu at $1200 (AUD).... but given the wolf can control just about everything .... might be a goer.

It's what I have in mind for my project.

has anyone used these yet im gettin ready to finish my 1uz into my 4x4 hilux and need a stand alone to wire in. Only prob with mine is the plugs have been chopped off the engine harness but can rewire into another plug to fix.

cheers

Yep, I got one. Best thing i ever did! I got the soarer plugin because I was using the standard soarer ECU before in my hilux. If I can have my time over again I would get the standard wolf loom to clean up all my wiring.

what does the wiring it involve i mean either way with mine i have to wire form scratch anyway but if it helps i'll be up for.

old mate that has put me onto it says wolf have excellent tech department and are more than willing to help with any dramas/tuning help

thats playing a big factor for me and the fact that there is pretty much only one guy here in darwin that is willing to look at tuning it once its done.

cheers
stewy

I'm not sure the cost justifies it when you can get the Adaptronic for a grand. They can supply install details and various tune maps for the 1UZ, then you can set it to adaptive mode and it can self tune ;)

i just got a price back from old mate today for the wolf v500 he qoted me $2100 to my door with a base tune map and acouple of better tunes to try he said he has done 2 b4 and is goin to put them with it be it slightly diff to help with the heat up here in the nt.

i think either way and almost whatever coin i spend there will always be something i dont like with any ecu thats pretty much why im seriously thinking of this ecu and plus old mate has good experience with it and does a good job full stop on cars he did a really neat job with my bros turboed ba xr8 and runs sweet.

unless u have a tuner close by or within an hours drive then dont buy any ecus where its a hassle

buy the ecu which yr tuner knows best
a cheap ecu with goo dtune is better than the dearest ecu with **** tune

next yr i will be moving to brisbane so it really doesnt matter then cause there would have to be someone that can tune a wolf ecu there darwin has none willing to even look at any brands

cheers
stewy

y not run std ecu till next year

once the car is running its only a matter of 1 hour of wiring and the new ecu is all up and running if it has the correct tune in it

i would do that but id still have to wire a set of geniune ecu plugs to the end of the harness as it was chopped of from the front cut or when they pulled the engine out and also buy a standard ecu so i think i might as well put that money towards a decent ecu instead.

rewiring std ecu plugs back on is a major job
personally its way cheaper to buy a 2nd hand harness for yr engine
its only 200 bucks for a loom
remember u will have 60 to 70 solder joins up near the hole in the firewall
if u make a bad solder on any wire it might take u ages to find prolem
it will take u prob 5 to 10 hours too to sort out and solder depending how much u know the 1uz wiring colours
so for 200 bucks id know what i would do

anyway like i said in another post think bout the future
dont wire it up twice
buy the afternmarket ecu and wire it up now
tune it and leave it alone until u twin turbo it hehehheh

thats what im thinkin hey ive extended a injected cars wiring loom before in my other lux to keep it out the crud in the cabin (i used to flood it lots lol) and it was like u say i nightmare in the end i wired one wire same colour but different position and it maid the engine run lean and overheat all the time lesson learnt there and plus who wants standard crap anyway lol

sideshow dont temp me with turbos im a mechanic by trade and now work as an aluminium fabricator now, tig welding ally all day it wouldnt take much lol

Have you tried Dave in Berrimah ??
[EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

i did mate he was the first has he did work on my aurion but after 2 fone calls and no reply back in a time frame of 2 weeks.
i went to every shop in darwin that deals with this kinda parts and noone wanted to help so there loss even went to a couple of drag racing mates and they told me to go interstate