Shift kits?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Spinnetti

Any shift kits or other mods available for the LS400 Auto trans to make it more race worthy? I'll be doing 24hr endurance racing next year in mine, and need the stock tranny to last... advice? No, I CANNOT put a manual in, run aftermarket ecus or anything like that. Its gotta be nearly stock, and mods have to be cheap. I added a trans cooler in addition to the stock setup, but that's it so far.

ring afew well know tranny places and see what you come up with
i think a shift kit wont help much when it comes to 24hr endurance
just stock up on afew 2nd hand boxes and if it blows change it during the race
seems like u have plenty of time heheheh

you dont need a shift kit for a stock LS400, the fact that you lightened the car makes shifts even easier on the unit. These A341e units take 350rwhp in stock form. I would be more concerned w/ heat as far as longevity goes. Slap a large T-cooler and tighten your kickdown cable up, which will raise mainline pressure=firmer shifts...

Thanks for the info... My fear is that the shifts are slipped so much (to make them smooth) that the trans will heat up too much. Its also just too stinking SLOW, so all I can do to snap off the ships has got to help. Back in the day I used to have a LS400 as my street car and thought it was pretty fast. Now, even down at around 3,000lb, it feels like it has a boat anchor on it compared to my 4cyl daily driver!

Trust me, tighten your kickdown cable nut (top of TB) 3 full turns and all your shifts will be fast and harsh. an actual "KIT" does the same job of providing higher pressure to clutch packs. Also I would seriously consider a 2800rpm stall Lextreme torque converter if you run into tight turns where your dropping into lower gears. For the heat issue a neat trick is to plum your trans cooler lines n/out of your A/C condenser & since already removed the system its even easier. That alone will knock ur 0-60 time down from 8.9sec to 8.4sec and I know you have a tight budget its only $150. if your looking at sustained speeds a full exhaust would net more/dollar. I made my 1st ls400 exhaust for $100 in used parts and it really allowed the engine to rev faster.

Last edited:
Trust me, tighten your kickdown cable nut (top of TB) 3 full turns and all your shifts will be fast and harsh. an actual "KIT" does the same job of providing higher pressure to clutch packs. Also I would seriously consider a 2800rpm stall Lextreme torque converter if you run into tight turns where your dropping into lower gears. For the heat issue a neat trick is to plum your trans cooler lines n/out of your A/C condenser & since already removed the system its even easier. That alone will knock ur 0-60 time down from 8.9sec to 8.4sec and I know you have a tight budget its only $150. if your looking at sustained speeds a full exhaust would net more/dollar. I made my 1st ls400 exhaust for $100 in used parts and it really allowed the engine to rev faster.

Hmmm.. I'll check that adjusting the kickdown cable nut. AC condenser is gone, but I did already add a trans cooler, and already removed all the cats and the rear mufflers, and put the exhaust out the sides. 8.4sec? no wonder it feels slow! I assume that's at normal weight? I'm probably at 2900lb right now.

Pics of the build are here if you can get to facebook
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=1&aid=102044&id=645133029

at 3000lb you should realistically see mid 6 second 0-60. removing cats and mufflers w/o a reworked system you will loose power over stock. $100 your LS is quicker w/ stock put back on. the cats are very efficient and preserve your low end tq. from the headers back to the mid cat will support well over 300hp without being a restriction. this was verified with before/after dyno pulls. Forum member JBrady is the exhaust guru if you have any tech Q's.

So when's the big day?

Hi, I'm wanting to modify an A340E auto trans to be an electrically controlled manual.
Does anyone have the pin out for the solenoid connections. I'm looking for a drawing on the connector showing the solonoid connections. Any other info would be much appreciated. Send to:- [email protected]