Removing Auto Shifter?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jerryrn97

Automatic shift knob replacement LS400

I'm new to the forum, but I've already learned a lot about my 1991 LS400 just by reading. You guys are defintely knowledgeable :feedback:
I would like to ask if the procedure for pulling the automatic shift knob from my LS is the same. Do I have to push down on the chrome piece to expose the mounting screws? I tried pushing it down a little bit this afternoon, but didn't want to break anything. I just ordered a new shift knob from autoaccessories.com that has an overdrive button on it. This will replace my worn out leather knob, right?

Auto shifter w/od

Hey guys & gals,

Just so you know, I recently tried to replace my worn out leather shift knob in my 1991 LS400 with an aftermarket knob w/od button. It fits, but is oriented sideways. My recommendation is to either have your old one re-wrapped with leather, or cough up the money to buy an exact replacement. I just ordered one from parts.com. I'll let you know the results after I receive and replace the new one.

Happy modding!
Jerry

Auto shifter w/od Part 3

And now an update : The new shift knob looks great, it is a direct fit replacement with the leather wrap. It does not exactly match the old leather in color, but it is close...and it matches the color of the new cup holder I replaced which I also ordered from parts.com. I decided not to connect the o/d switch. So I clipped the wires and insulated the ends. They are tucked neatly under the shift bezel, hopefully never to be heard from again!
Happy motoring!