Starter Motor Issue.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Quadcob

I have an AC Cobra with an 1UZFE and it is ultra reliable. I haven't driven the vehicle for a while, and today I went to start it, but it has a flat battery, which is unusual as the Cobra could sit 6mths without starting and still start. The battery is only 6 mths old, so I think I have something slowing draining the battery. This is an issue for another day. The problem I have now is, although the battery is now 13.8 volts, the starter motor will not turn over. Just clicks as though it has a flat battery. I hooked up another battery to try a jump start, but no difference. Could it be a stuck solenoid, as I have never heard of starter issues. I not terribly excited about removing the intake and fuel system to find out. Any ideas.

If you think something is draining the battery, perform a parasitic current draw test. Google will tell you several ways to do it. Anything more than 80-90 miliamps should be cause for concern. From there, it's simply a matter of disconnecting individual circuits. Once the current draw drops, you've found the culprit..

As for the stuck starter solenoid, these can often be freed up with a few well placed taps with a long 1/2" extension bar, through the gaps in the intake manifold. 1UZ starter are good, but nothing will last forever.

Resistance in any of the battery power/earth cables can also cause a starter to malfunction. Voltage drop test across the main power/earth cables will confirm if they are the cause.

Happy hunting!