New profile posts

Hi! I'm from Russia and got a little problem finding out how to wire 1UZ ECU (89661-3A080) to my Toyota Cresta GX100, the main thing is that I've got no plug for 28P on ECU, the second- I don't have any wiring diagram, would appreсiate any help. My e-mail is [email protected], please help or tell where can I get that help. Thanx in advance!
hi, i was reading your topic "Attention all Howe Bearing user!!", that very help me, because a would swap 1uz with w58 gearbox to my supra and i didn't find much information about concrete part for this build, so your topic advise me with bearing, and plesure plate, can you tell me what fly wheel and clutch did you use? or what setup is best to you? sorry for my english, im not native speaker
Sorry for the PM, but I figure it has been asked and I can't find it. I have a 93 LS400. It is already swapped to a KA24DE 5 speed. I have a W58 with adapter plate, bell housing, throw out and fly wheel. What else do I need besides a clutch? Do I need a shifter adapter, drive shaft change or any of that jazz? Any help would be great. If the topic has not been discussed please fell free to let me post it up as a topic to help others. Thanks in advance.
Hi. Thanks for showing some interest.

At present the car is in pieces as I try to re-paint. Its been that way since Hanging Rock last year and I have a target of May this year to finish. I'm just finding it slow going as its my first try.

Might leave it for now and see how it comes together when painted.

Cheers
Hello Jbrady, I'm planning an exhaust for my 96 us spec sc 400. I know you recommend keeping the stock Y pipe right after the cats. After looking over pictures of the stock exhaust and where the pipes come together into a Y, I'm having trouble visualizing where to make the cut. It seems they join together directly at the 3rd catalyst in sort of a pancake pipe. Will a 2.5 in straight through resonator fit over that pancake section if cut an 1" from the pipes joining or do you first need to custom pancaked 2.5" section to feed into the resonator? How far after the pipes join can you cut before your cutting into the catalyst?

I'm trying to preserve the low end torque people seem to loose by replacing this section, thank you in advance for your time.
Hey Rick, Hope all is well. I've been messaging you and not getting a reply. Regards Ivan
Hi David, Could you please send me the details of your tailshaft man you were telling me about. I've found a Ford aluminium tailshaft and will be looking at get one cut to length shortly. Regards Ivan
G'day mate I have the exact same car. a 95 carb 22r looking to do the 1uz swap also, as this is my first time any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I work in a fabrication shop with Lathes, mills, and welders so if you have any drawings ie 22r to 1uz engine mounts and such could you kindly link them to me thankyou
Ivan, I made my own rear mount as I mounted it to the original Volvo cross member. I've had a look round my spares to see if I had one but came up empty. As for the slip yoke, I was lucky enough to get one with one of the gear boxes which was used to make the tail shaft. I've always found Toyospares in Bayswater good for parts so give them a try.

One other thing I thought of after leaving the other day is you might want to consider making a short shifter. Very easy to do with a lathe. The base of the gear stick needs lengthening and a new spacer is installed on top of the gear box mounting. Tightens up the shifting which will be important in your tight cabin confines. I'll take some photo's of mine and send them tonight on the phone.

Cheers

PS Did the bird survive?
Hi David, There is a couple of questions I meant to bounce off you on Saturday. I'm looking for a rear gearbox rubber mount and a tailshaft slip yoke for the gearbox end of the tailshaft. Do you know where I can source them from. What size slip yoke did you use?
Sorry sideshow, I don't get on to Lextreme very often, and for some reason my email notifications have stopped.

$200 for the soarer ecu is great mate, will take it.

How do you want me to pay?

Back