New profile posts

hi Gloverman, I'd like to do the 1UZ conversion on a 1996 KZJ78 prado (box type) with a manual gearbox. R151F which i'd love to keep.
I'd like to buy one of your write-ups and then seek advice from you after studying it.
I'm in Kenya so i hope to use paypal. my email is [email protected]
Thanks and Regards
six2
Hi Graham,
Something already AWD would simplify things....a cheap Imprezza wagon would be worth a look to see if it would fit. Not too hard to get a Nissan diff in the rear to match ratios and survive the torque.

A big job though, not something I'll be tackling anymore I don't think?
Hello Justin,
You mentioned somewhere on here that you had a 1uz awd sump and trans setup sitting in you shed and trying to think of something to put it in...did you ever think of something??
I also have one in my shed and thinking hard...also have a v8 soarer and 2 x LS400's.

regards,
Graham
[email protected]
Hi

I read that you were looking into installing the 1VDFTV into an earlier cruiser and were trying to find an adapter to the automatic A442F. I would be interested to talk to you about it.

I have done a few wiring installs into cars and and currently working on putting a 1HDFTE into a base model 100 series.

thanks
Brian
Hello

I was having a similar issue. One difference is I make a living out of 1uz conversions. I was getting around 25 phone calls a day with basic questions that many people where too lazy to research (or simply think about ) for themselves so I sat down and wrote up some conversion instructions. I now sell these and they have given me more time every day. I also provide email support and understand when I get the odd silly basic question. This was a way for me to identify the really good customers and I help them over the coarse of the conversion. I was starting to become a grumpy prick. (sideshow got like this after too much forum pressure). I now pick and chose who I help for free. Forums are great but they also hinder a lot of people as incorrect advice is given.
For you if you don't know I would simply say that you are not sure or suggest the person does some research.

Hope this helps. Good to see your Mitsi is coming along nicely. Have you driven it yet?
Hi Kelvin,
I'm wondering what your thoughts are on people coming on this forum and others asking basically for a "how to" on doing their conversions.
I've done mine and still learning and making mistakes along the way , by gathering info over the years , and posting here what Ive done , for all to read and use . But being asked to do an A to Z on how to do it is abit ....shall I say lazy . These forums are great and Ive been able to do some stuff on my project that years ago would have scared the shit out of me. And lots of people including yourself have helped me , and I've advised a couple of people to ask you as well for advice. I don't want to tell these people to shall I say "go away" but as I'm still really only a back yard DYIer , I think they would be better off learning off the net etc . So what do you reckon is a good response to these requests.
hiya Zuffen

i wish to swap a pajero 1997 with tiptronic automatic gearbox with a 1uzfe.....

was wondering if yourself could nudge me in the right direction
Hey, im from north of auckland and have resently cooked the motor in my mazda proceed 4x4, thinking about the 1uz conversion, do you do them and can you give me an idea on the cost to get it done if you do, cheers,kahui.
Hi, sorry to trouble you, I was reading an old post in which you said you have wiring diagrams/ecu pinouts for 34,22,16,28 pin ecu. I was wondering if I could get a copy from you, Mine is a 95 UCF21 with hyd fan (different to the 96LS400 diagram).
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Tony
Hi Gloverman,
can you tell me the name of the company that makes the 1uz to tti sequential bell housings in NZ,

Cheers, Martin
HI, did you use the Garrett turbo. I'm only asking as i have the same Scania/garrett turbo for my 1uzfe.
Hi , I saw your post from a few years ago, and I also have a 1977 jaguar Coupe with no engine or gearbox , and I also have a 1996 Lexus LS400 complete car which has failed its MOT test, so I was hoping to do an engine and trans swop into the Jag ,could you tell me if you managed to do yours, and if so any mechanical problems that I may encounter, it seems that at the very least I may need a different sump (the rear sumps are very rare here in the Uk I fear) or is there anyone on here who has done this swop already ? I am an electronics / electrical engineer so hopefully will be Ok on that side of things, many thanks , Jim
Hi,
I am a newbie on this forum, I have just bought a 1977 jaguar ( actually its the Daimler version) Coupe ( same as series 2 but two doors) with no engine, and I have a 1996 Lexus LS400 so I was hoping to do an engine and trans swop, It appears that you may have already done this, could you be good enough to tell me any mechanical problems that I may encounter, I am an electronics / electrical engineer so hopefully will be Ok on that side of things, It seem I may need a dirfferent sump ( the rear sumps are very rare here in the Uk I fear) Jim

Back