New profile posts

Hi Gloverman, thanks for the quick reply. I was a moron and removed the ex. cams before reading the instructions and so didn't secure the gears. I saw a post (somewhere) that showed a guy who clamped the cam in a vise (on the flats) and used a screw driver and punch to line up the holes. Is that ok to do?

And it looks like I won't be putting this motor back together anyway-I found out today I've got bent intakes on #8, #6, &#2, so that probably means damaged pistons too. So it's time for a new motor. I posted about this on Club Lexus in the performance and maintenance section, if you want to take a look. I can't figure out why the belt would jump at less than 3k rpm, steady cruise, and only about 3 years since I installed a new one and all the goodies..
Anyway, thank you again for your help.

Cheers,
M.Rad.
Hello

The split gears are really easy if you pin them before disassembly. Line up the cam timing as per normal and you will find the split gears will have a set of dots which align. Make note of these. Then you will find that there are some holes through one of the split halves with a 6mm thread in the other side of the gear. Fit a short M6 bolt which will stop the split gear moving and you and disassemble and reassemble as normal. Just remember to remove the M6 before running the engine.
Hi Gloverman, I am in need of your advice. I am in the process of removing my cylinder heads ('97 1UZFE), and need instruction on how to re-align the intake and exhaust cams (especially the split gear exhaust cam). I have read a couple of poorly written explanations but they do more to confuse than enlighten me.
I would greatly appreciate any assistance you could send my way.

Regards,
M.Rad.
Dear Lex,

Good day. I hope all is well your side.

I write to you from Pakistan.

I am looking to source polished/ported heads for the following engines:

1. 1 x 1UZ-FE non VVTi out of an LS400 that I have swapped in my 1981 Mazda RX-7. Have also attached a roots type supercharger to it as of now. Picture attached.

2. 1 x 2UZ-FE. Is currently the stock/factory power plant in a 2010 model Toyota LandCruiser - this car has a custom exhaust job only.

Looking to make more power (we can never have enough, of course)

Interested in what products or custom job you may suggest for the above.

Thanks for your advice.

Best regards.

Ali Raza Gul

The Lube Shop

Cell +923060652518

E [email protected]

FB www.facebook.com/thelubeshoppk
IIf the money is right on the Tudor, I would grab it with both hands....
I've looked on your site a few times, you are definitely the man to know.....

Surprisingly, their is almost no one making t bodies, I was going to produce a couple of body styles to sell on, but the market just isn't there.
I had it in my mind to build a kit based on an mx5, but when you step back, the iva has killed the kit car industry.
There is a c cab body on eBay now, its one of the 5 revenge ( Nick Butler ) bodies that was made.
Cool looking body but he is asking too much for it, he had it up for £2000 but he now has a £1250 buy it now, I was going to offer £500, its creeping up to that and not meet the reserve.
If there is anything you need, I might be able to help
Iggy
I did try to send you a PM yesterday, but I dont think it went across, I'm more or less in the same position as you.
I dragged my T out of some bushes about 8 years ago, it was a rod, but most of the good bits were missing, it had a frontal and really was scrap, but I kept the registration and chassis number tried to salvage what I could.
I'm now pensioned off work due to I'll health, so I have loads of time on my hand's to do whatever I can.
I guess we are at the same level build wise, I have everything to complete the build apart from the rear axle.
I'll keep you up to speed, but no pictures yet.
Take care,
Iggy
Sure did mate, have a look on my web site,
www.sjperformanceengineering.co.uk
there's a pic of the T bucket that I started to build way back in 2000, had to get rid of that one unfortunately. Have diff, engine,trans, for the new one so far. Have an option on a 23 tudor that's in a hedge, am in 2 minds about it, it's not a RPU but it's steel and has the title with it.
Hello Ben, I was so impressed with your Scimitar build I've just gone and bought one.
I will be picking it up next week, along with a vvt engine, I think your build thread is so comprehensive, I can't see that I have any real difficulties ahead of me, bar the wiring.
I do have one or two questions, and hoping that you might be able to talk them through with me.
I've had a Scimitar in the past, and absolutely loved it, but could never understand why anyone would put a RV8 in one, to me it seemed like a lot of work for very little gain, but the Lexus lump has loads of appeal, and twice the power of the ford.
So if It's okay to contact you, or if you have any tips, it would be very much appreciated.
Regards,
Iggy
Hi Bushwacker,
Did you rebuild the 1uz-fe's yourself? the ones that you pictured i.e. the red and blue finished engines? Nice job.
I've got a 92 engine. Bought it as a part build. Litterally in pieces in various boxes. I'm looking for contacts for anyone who may be interested in rebuilding it as I'm not sure where to start really.
Cheers
Steve
Mr Cribbj this is my email address [email protected] if you respond to my email address I will forward you all the correspondence that I have received from lextreme plus the PayPal receipts. You then can inform David off what has happened, as I might not be the only person has come across this issue. I didn't set out to vilify David him self, but harsh words get more of a response that pussy footing around, the old saying you need to be cruel to be kind.
Regards
Brian
Hi Mate

What did you end up doing to retain the standard oil pressure gauge on the lux?

Regards

Rowan
Hi Vince just wondering if you have any update on my loom? Not heard anything from yo for a while. Hope all is ok with you. Just let me know if you can how things are. Cheers Dave Holmes (Holmsey)
Hey Matt,

Arm Length = 180° / Arm Swing * Cable Pull / Pi
Arm Length = 180° / 57° * 62mm / Pi
Arm Length = 62.3mm

Andrew
Hi Peewee,
My mate and i have tried to wire in a lexus v8 into my surf and we are having some issues. We can't get it to fire up. We've done most of the work but we are stuck at the moment. Seeing that you are the expert in this, I would appreciate your help... of course, you would be compensated for your time and effort.
Seeing that you are in Perth, I would really appreciate if you could reply to me and we can meet up.

Hoping and praying that you can help me,
V

Back