New profile posts

If the pics don't go I'll link my YouTube channel and you can follow along with the build.
I've the 4runner completely stripped and ready for body work and frame restoration. Will post pics as soon as I find out how lol.
Hello, I've a fun project in the works. My 87 4runner is undergoing a makeover into an overland dream.
Hey Andrew
Stumbled across the Hilux you built. Thought I'd let you know it's still alive. I bought it around a month ago.
The last owner just fitted a new 4.8 ratio lsd.
I've repaired and welded the floor pans and replaced the seats.
It's currently in getting a new splitronics ecu, tcu and wiring loom. Then a Dyno.
I plan to use it as my daily.
Love your work
Do you know if the IACV is constantly used to maintain the idle for the engine? Or is the IACV only for when the motor is cold, and once the engine is warmed up it should be able to idle all on its own?
What is the detailed process for taking this IACV motor apart?
G
gloverman
Sorry i dont have a detailed process. I sort of just know how to do it. Theres a bit of a trick to prying it in just the correct spot for the crimps to let go.
One other issue I should mention is that it would idle 1 out of 10 starts. It would adjust idle, and at some point die. Now, however, even resetting the battery power, it won’t idle at all. I’m thinking it needs an IACV. alas, it is the type with no screws to rebuild the IACV motor and bearings.
G
gloverman
Yes mrel opens the relay for +b and +b1 and the IAC. Fc and fpr can be tethered to negative trigger a relay for the fuel pump.
G
gloverman
To pull the IAC apart you remove the roll pin to remove the motor from the body.
G
gloverman
Then strip the motor apart. Theres a trick to pry them to bits.
G
gloverman
Hello. Have you tested the IAC as I suggested to ( Dave ) holmsy in that thread? What was the result? I thought I'd sorted most of vinces poor wiring jobs but it appears not.
S
Swan song
Well, I’ve never met Vince. I wired my entire swap using this wiring diagram for the relays: https://i.imgur.com/Cu5F8js.jpg
I’m pretty good with wiring, but can’t help wondering if there is a splice I accidentally cut out that would feed power to the IACV. I haven’t checked the IACV for power since it’s a nightmare to get my leads into the plug. That will be my next step.
Hi mate do you have a basic list of wires that need to be powered and grounded to power up a 1uzfe ecm. Thanks
Hi guys, first time posting, but really want to find someone who has manufactured a ITB manifold for the 1uz vvti engines?
Hey mate, probably a long shot given you havent logged in in a while but stumbled across your posts when researching 1UZ into Disco1. Any chance you still have the adaptor and or have photos of it?
Greetings from Russia.
Tell me please where can I find the tuning section and improvements on 1uzfe. build a car for drift. so where is better to snap spare parts

Back