Where can I get One Wheel Driveshaft

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Have u guys seen some of the trikes with one wheel in the rear and two wheels in front? I am looking for that ONE wheel type. Links will be helpful. I am looking for shaft/axle type.

Look at most BMW bikes (the 650 dirt bike doesn't) they all have a driveshaft to the rear.

Honda Goldwing as well plus some of the big cruiser Yamahas.

Lastly I think Moto Guzzi do one as well.

The problem with them all is they are designed for low toque motorcycle engines and a 1UZ would make mince meat of it.

I am looking at a complete stripped SC400 and put a single wheel a the rear to make a trike. All it will have is engine and chasis and seats. Everything else will be strip. Two wheels in the front and one wheel in the rear.

trex3-copy.jpg

well due to the point mentioned above and the total loss of traction with a single wheel of any size. why not build what you are talking about but with two wheels, just mounted directly to the diff. with just enough clearance to fit the driveshaft and a swing arm.

Why not custom make 3 wheeler with two wheels in the rear and one in front... Then use the engine and stock drivetrain in a custom fit.. That would be fairly easy to accomplish I would think...

Two wheeler in the front and one in the rear sounds just about impossible to put together and work, maybe create a belt drive system off the custom tranny or something? Wow, that is a wild thought to imagine and create...

Good luck on this on Dave... That's going Lextreme for sure!!!!

Having two wheels in the front improved handling.

Think of old 3 wheeled Morgans that were raced and Reliant Kittens (Google that) with their 3 wheels and you will see the difference.

A few vehicles have used very close set rear wheels such as the BMW Issetta (another Google opportunity) but they had the penalty of unsprung weight with no great advantage.

The theory behind 3 wheels is to reduce overal weight and unsprung weight.

This would work but only in a custom chassis.

The greatest advantage I see to a 3 wheeled setup is the ability to register as a motorcycle, which gets you around a lot of regulations that only apply to 4 wheel vehicles. It's a great solution for home-built electric or alternative fuel vehicles. If I wanted to do this on something with too much power to just use motorcycle running gear, I imagine I would look at using a locked differential mounted in front of a rather wide rear tire. A sprocket on each side of the differential would drive a sprocket on each side of the rear wheel via a heavy chain (or dual drive shafts if you wanted to get fancy and spend a bunch more). Driving the wheel from both sides instead of just one as on a motorcycle would add a great deal of strength and resist torquing the wheel to one side, and solves the differential issue by allowing you to use a car diff.

Attachments

• DSCN0804.jpg
    DSCN0804.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 13

Back