vvti MAF on my 92?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Drift99

Hey guys. Im currently turboing my 1uz. Im doing a blow though maf setup. I really dont want to mount my big/fugly looking 92 maf on my cold pipe before my TB.. It would just kill the look.. I found out that the vvti 1uz has a much smaller maf that i would be able to fit just after the IC out. Does anyone know if i can run a vvti maf? Would it run richer? I will be running a safc2 so i could simply adjust the ratio i would assume? Thanks 2ijj7ud.jpg

vvti maf is much harder to get consistent reading from in non-factory intake. However SAFC would help of course. Only make sure your ECU doesn't need the old style 5V-powered MAF with square wave signal

I'm pretty sure George suggested checking the type of AFM your vehicle presently runs. Most 1uz before late 94 / early 95 run a alloy body AFM which operates on a frequency which is not compatiable with the VVti signal. These are powered by the 5 volt rail which also supplies the TPS , which is marked VC on the wiring diagrams. Early AFM have a part number of 22250-50010 or 11.

Back