V8 to Audi 016, UN1 t/axle help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jonesy_SA

Hi all,
Just a quick post. I am working on some prices for a cheap mid mount project and slowly gathering parts. i had planned on using the lexus v8 and a audi 016 or Renault un1 t/axle. However i got a quote and it was $1800aus for adaptor plate, flywheel some bearings and bolts. i still needed to get a rx7 clutch etc. I am currnelty getting quotes for the un1 which i hope is cheaper.

Has anyone gone down this path, preferably in Australia or close bye who can reccomend some ideas? I have seen a modified 3sgte flywheel which if i can find and modify cheaply would be a good start but the audi t/axle has a shorter shaft so needs a flywheel to compensate.
cheers
jonesy

Don't mod the flywheel mate!!! Even with a mid mount the safety risks are huge. A custom UZ flywheel can be had for around $350AUD so why cut corners?

Attachments

• Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 149
if you can get the un1 bolt pattern, ill make you an adapter, or at the least, design you one you can get made... plus im organising a run of alloy flywheels at the moment, i could sneak in an extra one with different offsets if you can come up with the required dimensions of input shaft length, bellhousing depth, spigot bearing etc

shoot me an email [email protected] if youre interested

Don't mod the flywheel mate!!! Even with a mid mount the safety risks are huge. A custom UZ flywheel can be had for around $350AUD so why cut corners?
Hi mate,
Who does them this cheap? I have looked and only found racing items for $600aus plus!

ed_ma61 - can you tell me exactly what measurements you need, i dropped you an email should say from wayne jones.

thanks mate

I can get the flywheels to suit the Tilton 7.25 inch clutches from NZ for this price delivered (cheaper if he has one on the shelf and exchange rate dependant).

There's another guy who does them even cheaper but haven't seen his product yet.

CRS do a big ugle one around the same price that you could have a go lightening.

Just don't even contemplate modding a 3SGTE one...carnage waiting to happen

This is for a daily driver with little to no track work so i think the tilton would be of no use, i have never seen a streetable set up.
Who is CRS, Castlemaine rod shop? I dropped Castlemaine Rod shop an email but have not herd back. On their website they list some flywheels as part of a kit for a Lexus v8 but it is $615 from memory.
I have seen a few kixi kit cars and the Aus to Kiwi dollar is great so i was hoping someone would have one over there atleast.
thanks

My tilton is savage but there are streetable setupsa round that use the Tilton cage...it depends what clutch plate material you go with.

Anyways, sounds like you know what you want so good luck

Attachments

• JDM_TB.jpg
    JDM_TB.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 685

Back