using the standard vvt computer ???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
VVTi ECU

Hi, Im in the proccess of taking the old Generation 96 engine out of my KZJ78 Prado and fitting the VVTi. Have studied hard and long this problem.
You need the ECU, Matching key and ignition switch, MPX ECU and obviously, the connectors. Next problem is the Auto. Havent figured out how to hook up the A650E to the transfer case. It appears the ECU is heavily immobized, and may take alot of experimentation to see if it will run missing lots of inputs, like ABS, Fuel delivery etc. The MPX module runs the screen in the dash console. Becoming more of a nightmare. I have 2 of these engines. One with all the factory stuff and one that im hooking up to a G3 PLUS Link. Will keep you informed of how it all pans out.
What are you using it for?

I brought one of these ECU "1999 LS400" . but I read it should be unlocked by code or somehow .. I am interesting to know how I can make it work ?

Hi, Im in the proccess of taking the old Generation 96 engine out of my KZJ78 Prado and fitting the VVTi. Have studied hard and long this problem.
You need the ECU, Matching key and ignition switch, MPX ECU and obviously, the connectors. Next problem is the Auto. Havent figured out how to hook up the A650E to the transfer case. It appears the ECU is heavily immobized, and may take alot of experimentation to see if it will run missing lots of inputs, like ABS, Fuel delivery etc. The MPX module runs the screen in the dash console. Becoming more of a nightmare. I have 2 of these engines. One with all the factory stuff and one that im hooking up to a G3 PLUS Link. Will keep you informed of how it all pans out.
What are you using it for?

ill be useing it in a 2wd 2001 hilux i have a 4.0 vvt motor was just wundering if anyone has done it before with a standard computer or do i have to buy the expensive G3 link plus
are you using the 4.3?
ive seen a few 4.3 vvt's here in nz not many 4.0's tho

how about going stand alone all the way? You could disable the immobilizer with a stand alone, but the only probably will be auto tranny control, I guess if you had a ton of money you could with the Powertrain solutions controller.

Attachments

• 2uz-idler.jpg
    2uz-idler.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2uz-idles1.jpg
    2uz-idles1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1
from all the info i know to date you cannot diasble security on toyota ecus

so therefore to get a vvti 1uz running u need matching ecu and key reader and key

if u do not have a key or key reader you can get a similar key reader i think

i pressume most lecus cars would have similar working key readers

the key reader gets wired up directly to the ecu

there are people out there that can supply a matched key to an ecu

but they need the ecu all wired up and with an obd2 plug

i have researched this stuff ages ago

alot of work and anyhting from 500 to 1000 bucks to supply and key a new key to match the ecu

but at end of the day it can be done if u have the cash

just like anyhthing else money talks heheheheheh

the late model autos work diff to older types so make sure the stand alone auto controller can work ok on your auto

end of the day nothing runs as smooth as a std ecu

Back