Two Stage Dry Nitrous

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The first stage is a 180hp shot, the second is 230hp.

I haven't triggered them both at once yet, once I finish off my water/methanol injection and closed loop knock retard I will squirt them both.

why all the effort into a dry system?

wouldnt things be way safer and more effective running a decent wet setup?

I don't think a wet system would have been more effective than a properly setup dry system.

To get proper fuel distribution it would need a fogger per port, for two stages, that's 16 foggers. Component costs stack up pretty quickly.

I don't think a wet system would have been more effective than a properly setup dry system.

Are you sure?

You are going to need a whole new set of injectors to cope with enough fueling to meet the demand, plus a bespoke flexible management system to cope with the fueling, 2 lots of timing retarding, 2 different set engine limiters to cut nitrous flow before spark etc etc.

Methinks you'll have a nice block of molten alloy with in 5 secs.

Sorry to piss on your fire but I've only installed a 175bhp wet system but took loads more precautions than you.

Cheers
M

How do you know what precautions I have taken?

Well unless I missed it in your oversized images I can't see:
1. A purge valve?
2. Fuel pressure safety cut off switch?
3. Nitrous pressure safety cut off switch?
4. The pipes to the jet are too long from the solenoid.
5. You appear to be spraying up stream of the throttle butterfly and you are too high in the plenum so most of the nitrous gain of taking a gas in liquid form and having it expand to dense atomised gas in the piston is lost?
7. Have you got 2 fuel lines, 1 for normal running and another seperate feed from the tank seperate pump to provide extra pressure when armed?

I'm not familiar with Autronic but:
1. Can it run instantaneous 3 widely different fuel maps?
2. 3 different timings or constsntly adjustable timing?
3. 2 different limiters, 1 for nitrous flow and 1 50 revs later for spark?
4. Can it manage a progressive Nitrous and fuel flow to limit drive train shock?

All above with the caveat of struggling to view your large posted images.

You have obviously spent a lot on your engine but a cheap job on dumping an extra shed load of horsepower is always a false economy. Personally If I was you I would go with 1 big high flow set of individual foggers (wet system) and a progressive controller.

You will save on only needing 1 set of foggers, but will spend on the controller, however you will get the max from your engine rather than getting a half response and possibly destroying various components.

All comments meant with sincerity and as I said I'm not pissing on your fire.

Cheers
M

Well unless I missed it in your oversized images I can't see:
1. A purge valve?

Not a safety precaution.

2. Fuel pressure safety cut off switch?
3. Nitrous pressure safety cut off switch?

I don't use switches, I use programmable outputs which can be mapped against any sensor inputs or engine parameters.

4. The pipes to the jet are too long from the solenoid.

They are long enough to locate the solenoids where I want them.

5. You appear to be spraying up stream of the throttle butterfly and you are too high in the plenum so most of the nitrous gain of taking a gas in liquid form and having it expand to dense atomised gas in the piston is lost?

:261:

7. Have you got 2 fuel lines, 1 for normal running and another seperate feed from the tank seperate pump to provide extra pressure when armed?

Nope.

I'm not familiar with Autronic but:
1. Can it run instantaneous 3 widely different fuel maps?
2. 3 different timings or constsntly adjustable timing?

It has sequential injection and ignition. On top of the base fuel and timing maps there are three fuel modifiers and three ignition modifiers that can be used to globally alter the fuel and ignition based on a matrix using ANY inputs for the X and Y axis.
On top of this, the fuelling and timing can be adjusted INDIVIDUALLY for each cylinder, also using matrices with any inputs for the X and Y axis.

3. 2 different limiters, 1 for nitrous flow and 1 50 revs later for spark?

All the outputs are fully configurable.

4. Can it manage a progressive Nitrous and fuel flow to limit drive train shock?

It could, but I am using the high current PWM outputs for the flow control valve of the water/methanol injection system, and the boost control solenoid valve.
If drive train shock was a concern, it could be smoothed by mapping in a little more ignition retard than necessary in the lower RPM areas of each nitrous stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rod,

I have an aquamist rebadged Shurflo pump with 125psi internal bypass and a small accumulator. This feeds an Aquamist HSV, controlling flow to 8 port mounted nozzles, all with inline check valves to keep the system full up to the nozzles at all times.

I PMed you a while ago when you were looking at an Aquamist system, what did you end up using?

I'll post up some (massively oversized) pics when I am finished the installation.

I have been running a single dry 230hp shot for about 8 months now without any problems. Admittedly the timing has been conservative, as I have only just installed a knock sensor signal conditioning module to keep an eye on things and provide a basis for closed loop timing control.

Even with overly retarded timing it makes a huge amount of power, on the occasions that I have run more ignition advance, massive power increases have resulted from just one degree more advance.

I guess the saying go hard or go home means you won't be going home you'll be going damn hard! A combined 410hp should you give a decent kick in the pants to say the least!

Plumbing to the jets.

At this stage I am only using two check valves, which are obscured by the 4mm nylon lines.

Love that WI setup. I currently run the same pump as you and a single jet pre throttle body. I get good atomisation and flow approx 220cc/min @120psi and obviously a little less at the 13psi boost i run. This setup COSTS me approx 15rwkw but it's there for piece of mind not power.

Now, if i could have the safety factor and added power i would be a really happy man. You think if i modded my setup somewhat this is realistic?

What total cc/min does your setup provide?

If i may ask, what did aquamist charge for 8 jets??? and where did you get those 4 line splitter fittings, they would make life easier.

I'm looking at NOx myself but a simple 75hp shot wet single fogger just to give me a bit more top end at the strip.

must be a wild ride?

Back