Tsunami 2004

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Gang,

The news is reporting the death toll is about 87,000 and raising. This is the most distructive natural disaster South/South West Asia ever experience. Just want thank the Australian Government for quick help and dontations. You guys are doing a great job helping the survivors and the future economy of those countries. We gotta take a momment and prayer for the deads and their faimlies.

david

yes, in the name of Thai people Thank for quick respond I know that in that part of my country, they 're lack of facility that can hold thousands of dead body. And Australian government is among the country that respond quickly by sending couple of large container units that can hold hundreds of body with in the first week. The death tool here today in Thailand is 4500 and more than half is tourist from Europe country. Here is footage of home VDO taken by tourist when the wave hit pier in Phukets.
mms://61.19.223.230/ModerNine/tltk/256k/newstalk2004-12-29_2.wmv

confirmed death toll is at 126,000 now, with over 100,000 people UNACCOUNTED for.
australia has pledged to date $AU60mil which i think is awesome. another statistic i found amazing was the USA pledged $US45mil, which is all of 5 hours of war in Iraq. amazing...!

there was a shear shift in the plates just off tasmania (AUS) that put butting pressure on the two plates off indonesia. there was no epicentre - just a loooong rift that was a plate rising 60 metres above another - 60 metres (180ft) - and caused a 20m (60ft) wall of water to hit the shorelines of the unfortunate countries.

the amazing thing is, indonesia / thailand etc got the SMALL wave - the BIG wave swept right across the indian ocean to africa and killed 20 in somalia, 1 in kenya and a few more from another country (i forget...).

imagine jumping into a swimming pool with a surfboard. that's the kind of pressure we're talking about here.

the earth even measurably titled on it's axis from the 8.9 quake...!

As of last night. The USA is donating 350 million and many millions from the private sectors. Japan is donating 500 million, but that just money. US is giving both money, equipment and man power. I would assume the US alone will total about 1,000,000,000 (Govenment, Private, equipment, man power and others)

Back