Toyota/Lexus new vs. old engines?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

I am curious to know if the newer lexus engines such as the 4.3L, 4.7L motors are as solid and well built as the early model 4.0 or 1st generation Lexus/Soarer engines.

I was raising a little stink on the Club Lexus forums under the (10 best engines thread) the other day with those self rightous forum guys and administrators and almost got the boot again. Anyway, I am being told in pm's the newer Lex motors are not as good as the older ones, is this true? If so why? I must seek out real answers to my questions on the real tech forum known as Lextreme!!!

I was looking forward to a newer and larger V8 motor in my sc possibly in the near future but maybe I should stick with my 1st generation lex 4.0l motor and bore. Can anyone jump in on this subject and tell me what is the deal hear? I need to confirm all facts on this forum because this is where are the heads are at.

Oh and Happy New Years to everyone on this forum, may your car run faster and stronger with fewer breakdowns in this next year to come!!!!!:veryhappy

The 4.0L rods seem to be stronger but from what I understand that is the only non-obvious issue with 1UZ vs. 2UZ/3UZ.

The 2UZ is weaker with the 2 both mains and quite a bit heavier being iron block but that seems obvious to me.

Overall, 1uzfe internals are better, 2+uzfe have better upper. Boost application 1uzfe would be better.. where is the thread in CL u refer to... link us there..

Dave, I can barely post pictures let alone links, I will try and link, wish me luck. Anyway, the post was closed today it was 6 pages long so it was a super long thread with over 800 views and it is under the post "10 best engines" you can't miss it is you hit search. Basically it's alot of guys talking about how great their Lincolns and Ford motors are against the IUZ which I was claiming is the best and more durable, the best part of thread starts at page 4 and then verbal wars begin.

At that point it gets good the posts start heating up and remarks start firing back and forth, and most of it is involved with me, because I just about had enough of the bunch. Entertaining. Then I get a little heated and bored because no one knew what they were talking about, then the administrator got it on it, I shot him down called hin 14 years old and said his Ford burns oil and that comment almost got me the boot again and at last I really try hard to get booted and failed.

However, I dropped a little logic down at the administrator and his clan, and then to my suprise a few buds from this forum backed me, which I appreciate and thank them (toysrme, dcfish, monarch), and then it closed down after all appologise. That is the quick version, the long version awaits at Club Lexus Forum -"10 best engines" I think the thread was started by "lexusfreak". Anyway, I will try to forward, there are many good laughs in the thread and I get pretty silly so check it out if you guys are bored. I am Jibbby on Club. Late.

Hold on I cannot link I do not know how, but I will get the search and find down and be right back and explain......hold on.........

Ok go to the Club and go to search and type "10 best engines for 2006" then scroll down and you will see it, it was closed this morning. 6 page thread. Or look up Jibbby and look at my last posts it is there. Sorry I cannot link I have not learned that function yet.

No it is not deleted and it in "General discussion" section under "10 best engines for 2006" you can't miss it. You can find it trust me!!! I am still trying to link this sucker, I am emailing it to myself then I think I can link it here from my email. Dave, I am trying link copy and url but I am a rookie, need time.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26171

The thread is extremely hard to follow. Don't waste time with it.

It's nothing more than a mud slinging / pissing contest between some people that just start problems & are ignorant at times i.e. monarch, some people that actually get it, and some people that have semi-correct ideas/opinions, but are either not fully formed, or are are still wrong.

Forget it. Just let it fade out of existance.

Jibby it's not personal, but it causes problems, many complaints, and you didn't stop when SW asked you. So it got locked.

Toysrme - Hey I said what I had too, no regrets, causing a stir on Club is no biggie for me, I don't mind cause I think that forum is crap anyway. I almost want to get kicked off again. I thought it was all amusing sorry you didn't. I have had a monster flu all week and was short tempered and short of patience, so I guess I let it out on the Club. Ooooppps my bad.

btw, LOC = Lexus Owners Club. CL = ClubLexus. Lextreme = Lextreme, SG = Solaraguy, TN =ToyotaNation, AF = AutomotiveForums

etc...

i would have thought from the first post in that thread that it was current new engines, NOT in the history of engines?

Well Dean your probably right. Anyway the thread reads "10 best engines in 2006" and this is my thinking and tell me if I am dead wrong.

I have this old 1992 sc400 I have 105,000 miles on it, I have added 50-75 just from the basic mods, then I have 100-150 dry nos shot. I have been punching it at full throttle atleast once a day for over a year, and maybe hit the nos three times a week for over a year. Keep in mind nos is not a gradual excelleration it is instant power and causes the engine and drivetrain much stress. After a year my engine still purs, doesn't burn oil, no problems, no breakdown, nothing what so ever.

Now I have owned American cars, Chevy's Fords you name it. I owned a car dealership for a while and bought and sold atleast 50 lexus 400's some with 100,000, 200,000, and 300,000 miles and the one consistant thing I can say about them all is they all ran great and the very much the same. It appeared to me whether properly maintained or not. With all that said to me these IUZ- first generation motors and cars are as solid as they come.

I talk to nos pro's regularly who build american engines only for racing, they tell me they do not run nos on American engines for long because they wear out or break the engine to fast, and would not even try it with smaller motors such as 4 cylinders. They also tell me there is only a few engines made production that can handle the nos and mods and what I have been doing which is beating on it, and guess what the IUZ- tops the list. I trust these guys and what they say, they have been building cars since they were kids know just about all there is to know about nos and everything under the hood and they are old guys today. (Own a performance shop)

At last - I was thinking - if I tried punching a big American car or truck or just about any other car on the planet with over a 100,000 miles on them, were talking new Lincons, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Mercedes, BMW's etc.. just about any newer big engined car, punching and driving hard with added mods to build up horsepower over stock and then add a 100+hp nos system and continue to pound the car every day for a year, I would believe something would break, blow, ping, knock, shimmy or something in the other cars. I use to build 350 Chevy's and I know even the biult ones may have trouble with handling that kind of abuse. So I would say in 2006 the 1uz- are still one of the best production motors still built today..

That was the point I was trying to make, does it make sense to you guys? Tell me if I am wrong or mistaken, you guys know cars. Also, a lot of lexus owners don't realize what they really have so I tried to share that info on the Club that is it. See ya-

jibby said:
Well Dean your probably right.

I have this old 1992 sc400 I have 105,000 miles on it, I have added 50-75 just from the basic mods, then I have 100-150 dry nos shot.-
well i still think it meant new cars, doesnt matter to me really, or probably anyone on this site, WE all know the 1UZ is great, thats why we are here. we dont care if we get beaten by warmed over Gen3 chevs, cos they are 50% bigger engine.

Yeah that's right, that's why I stick to this forum for learning and modifying, you guys got it right.

Back