Took the Supra for a drive today :)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4000GT

First time in nearly a year! Its still not complete still have to get it tuned on the flatmates dyno and do some wiring like fans etc. But felt so good to move it under its own power! Wont put up pics till its road ready, but yay anyways :)

Yup, should do! The gearlever is on the piss since the throw is so long, so need to tend to that, and I NEED cam covers since one of mine is cracked... cant find them anywhere though, even as complete heads.

Thanks David, I hope to put your oil feed part you sold me to work soon!

let me know if you find some heads or cam covers...

Good deal, Congrats!!!

Any pics, break down of mods, and are you satisfied with the results, and regrets?

Inquiring minds what to know?

I have some pics but want to wait to present some till its complete in NA form now :)

As for mods so far... most just to get it in... (turbo stage about to commence so more interesting parts later :))

TRD speedo 320kph
Momo Corse steering wheel
Momo boss kit
R154 gearbox
7.25 Quartermaster twin plate clutch
Custom Flywheel (plus 4AGE bolts)
Manual clutch pedal box and manual brake lever
Manual Slave / master cylinder
TRD Shift knob
Manual shift boot
R154 to 1UZ / Bell housing (plus bolts)
Quartermaster hydraulic release bearing (rebuilt)
Manual rev counter
1UZFE engine (rear sump)
OEM engine mount
Link G3 computer Misc hoses / lines / clamps / hardware etc
Engine Start S2000 switch
Maintenance parts / water pump / belts / leads / plugs rotors / distributor caps etc
Dry cell batteries (X 2) moved from the engine bay to behind rear seats.
Twin electric fans
Custom heater hoses
Nickel XRP fittings on braided PS and fuel hoses
Custom battery cabling and brackets.
Custom alluminum intake pipe including Samco filter hose
Injectors (EVO 510cc)
Intake and water passage powder coated
Water passage tubing
Fluids (redline shockproof gearbox oil)
Fuel rail washers and fuel powder coated
Custom engine and chassis loom including all new temp sensor and ignitor and plugs
Move shifter lever by extending the link and remaking housing
Clutch lines (Nickel XRP fittings on braided dash 3)
Custom gearbox cross member (modded from a W5X series)
Custom drive shaft lengthened off the factory auto
Exhaust (mostly done rest finished off this week)
Release bearing spacer spun up from free maching and additional spacer from valve seat
Speed sensor (still to complete)

Months of planning and researching....

Regrets its not turbo charged!

Regret it took so long and cost so much

Regret I cant drive it now

Regret I heard a 3 rotor RX7 and now want one too

Regret I will have to spend LOTS on chassis and suspension to get some feel in the car (used to driving the part time race car on the roads)

Ummmmm hard to say I am satisfied since I couldnt open it up just on the out of box tune. So no rpm involved in the run down the road.

I am happy with the results so far though, the hydraulic release bearing was a reall b*tch, so was moving the shifter... I am sure once its street legal and tidy I will be happy and screw the regrets.

Attachments

• SSPX0101.jpg
    SSPX0101.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 11
  • SSPX0105.jpg
    SSPX0105.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 8
  • SSPX0108.jpg
    SSPX0108.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 10
  • SSPX0116.jpg
    SSPX0116.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 8
  • SSPX0117.jpg
    SSPX0117.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 10
I have a pair of mint cam covers but am keeping them for myself. All my spare heads are sold but I maybe stripping a engine soon as I have just got in a few more rear sump motors and one is a bit incomplete - i will let you know - cheers

Attachments

• SSPX0173.jpg
    SSPX0173.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 25
  • SSPX0168.jpg
    SSPX0168.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 18
  • SSPX0174.jpg
    SSPX0174.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 13
I think everyone has some regrets after modifying there rides...I know I wish I would have bought a TT Supra myself with the money and time I poured into my SC400...Maybe even a new Vette or something... Still like my SC4 though..

So you have a Supra body with a 1uz-fe motor and the R154 transmission... So your plans are now to boost the 1uz-fe motor?...

Last set of questions....How will you boost it, what turbo's and what is your final goal?

Sounds like your ride will eventually bolt with the best of them...SWEET!!!

I have a pair of mint cam covers but am keeping them for myself. All my spare heads are sold but I maybe stripping a engine soon as I have just got in a few more rear sump motors and one is a bit incomplete - i will let you know - cheers

I really need them in the next week since I hope to comply it soon. I dont care about condition of the cam covers as I will be coating them. How soon you looking at breaking it? Auto parts has a core motor for sale (500+GST) but I dont need the bottom end and freight would be a little too much sending the whole lots down. I would be very keen on the heads and cam covers complete as a mate ports heads for a job and wants to have a go and see what CFM he can make on it.

I think everyone has some regrets after modifying there rides...I know I wish I would have bought a TT Supra myself with the money and time I poured into my SC400...Maybe even a new Vette or something... Still like my SC4 though..

So you have a Supra body with a 1uz-fe motor and the R154 transmission... So your plans are now to boost the 1uz-fe motor?...

Last set of questions....How will you boost it, what turbo's and what is your final goal?

Sounds like your ride will eventually bolt with the best of them...SWEET!!!

Well I already have 2 garrett T28 turbos sitting in my garage, and uprated valve springs, and a couple of bosch bypass valves, and a spare TB and intake. So basically put an exhaust on and get it running!

Final goal is a 500WHP stock bottom end car with a good powerband, and predictable and balanced ride.

Awesome mate! bet your soooooo excited. Im dropping mine off to Phil in the morning :) cant wait to get it back.Im a little worried the radiator will no be big enough tho, its a 2 core radiator from a 2.2 turbo diesel camry with a 12 inch high performance fan on it.We will see i guess, and i have to get them to fit the fuel pump and fill the radiator to lol i ran out of time

hey gloverman. I need a rear sump conversion (sump, pick up etc) can you help me, you said you got a rear sump motor that you are thinking of selling for parts. i am also in need of a alternator and dip stick if you could help would be grate thanks mate and if so how much cheers

sorry 4000gt for getting of topic and congratulations on your car mate you must be getting excited now man

Awesome mate! bet your soooooo excited. Im dropping mine off to Phil in the morning :) cant wait to get it back.Im a little worried the radiator will no be big enough tho, its a 2 core radiator from a 2.2 turbo diesel camry with a 12 inch high performance fan on it.We will see i guess, and i have to get them to fit the fuel pump and fill the radiator to lol i ran out of time

Yeah pretty excited! Have you heard of water wetter? Basically a product that break the surface tension of water and cools better accordingly. Might be worth a look.

Yeah pretty excited! Have you heard of water wetter? Basically a product that break the surface tension of water and cools better accordingly. Might be worth a look.

I may have to give it ago if the radiator aint up to the job, Phil thinks it will be sweet tho.Droped it off this morning :) so excited, you should go have a look mate

Riley

Yup, should do! The gearlever is on the piss since the throw is so long, so need to tend to that, and I NEED cam covers since one of mine is cracked... cant find them anywhere though, even as complete heads.

Jump into my car and see how short the shifter is ;)

Dude your car is mint... Phil will take care of it :)

What shifter does it have? Rather what mod? I need it... did you see my car?

Attachments

• Apr04_0001.jpg
    Apr04_0001.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 19
Dude your car is mint... Phil will take care of it :)

What shifter does it have? Rather what mod? I need it... did you see my car?

Cheers mate shes my pride and joy lol, im sure Phil will hes a real good sort.

Its got a short shifter made by this guy in auckland, he advertises on TM quite a bit, just type in short shift kit w55. I no you have a r154 box but im sure the lever housing wont be much different.

Year had a good look at your, VERY sweet! engine looks really good, Phil started it up.......whoa! very tastie lol, i really like supras

Back