Titanium Valves

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kiwi.in.aus

I can get a full set of titanium valves [ 32 so thats two sets ] out of a current Australian V8 Supercar Chev motor , apparently the same engine that's in the Nascar cars , just that ours are limited to 7,500 RPM while they pull 9,500 in the Nascar cars .
They have done 2000 Kilometres , they would have to be machined to suit .
The guy sells them for Aus $350.00 a set and you would need two so that works out to about US $530.00 plus a little bit of freight .
I don't know what a set of ti valves to suit would be worth or even if such a thing is availiable ?
Just letting all know and man were they light !!

well, ya. of course they are light. they woul be lighter if they here made of Magnesium, but thats not a wise valve material choice. an alloy of the two would be great though.

The only builder I deal with charges $150usd a valve. So about $1200usd. You're talking $530 for big huge valves, now what is the charge for having someone custom machine them?
I'd look at the total price VS new valves before commiting.

lol - the hard part is finding someone who is happy to machine 32 Ti valves and wont charge you a fortune. Ti valves break cutting bits and are generally a complete dog to machine.

plus - im assuming you folks have heard of EBay? ex nascar Ti valves on there every day of the week for SFA

I believe starting in 2002 Infiniti used titanium valves in its 4.5 liter 340hp V8. Not sure what a salvage engine would cost or dealer cost but possibly close enough in size to make work... possibly.

Must be expensive trying to get 2002 Q45 valves.... Those newer engines are not cheap... Unless we get lucky on ebay....

Back