Throttle Body Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey thanks for the link... I may have to pay these guys a visit just to see whats involved.
I haven't made up my mind whether to go ahead with this yet. I probably will once I get everything else sorted out. I've still got to find out what the advantages/disadvantages are. (Don't know much about this type of setup yet).
If I decide to go ahead with it, I'll probably have a go at designing & fabricating my own manifolds once I find out how it's all surpose to work.

I have one

I have an 8 throttle body setup that I haven't been able to make work if someone who knows more than me wanted to buy it I would part with it

It is all polished

It owes me $2k complete with throttle linkages

There are pics on this forum somewhere or I can email them to anyone interested

they need more work than I have time or knowledge for

the air leaks around the shafts need fixing the butterflys stick there are no throttle stops I cant get the idle below 1700 rpm

If I could sell them and buy the set that the guys where you had yours fixed I would be happy that was my plan but Carbontech refused to make good on his offer of a refund his words" there was not enough margin in it for me to entertain a refund you need to talk to the guy who built them "

Never mind that nick tomkinson from carbontech told me he built them and had them on his website as being made by carbontech http://www.carbontech.com.au/

I had carburetor specialties who did the dellortos on the Esprite look at it and they reckoned I would have to throw thousands at them

Simon that's got to be painful....... shaft leakage, and leakage from butterfly misalignment seems to be a common problem with aftermarket ITB's, especially those that are custom fabricated.

I've even heard horror stories of mismachined manifolds where you could hear the motor's idle change as you torqued the manifold down because the manifold didn't match up to the motor well enough, and the torquing caused misalignment between the TB bores and butterflies

I'll be putting 6 sets of 2bbl TWM's on my V12 project, and I sincerely hope those puppies don't leak. The builder tells me he was able to get his last motor with them to idle smoothly between 850-900 RPM. I sure hope he's not blowing smoke....

Oddly enough, I've not heard any problems with the el-cheapo ITB setups using bike throttles. Anyone else?

Simon,
Take some pics of the problems and send them my way.

May be able to make them work for. We have the proper machinery at work to make up correct butterflies. Something i've never seen on aftermarket throttle bodies!

I also bought mine from Carbontech but paid EFI Hardware to rectify them. Sucks to pay again but it was worth it to me. They fitted ball bearings and recut butterflies to fit each individual bore - I think about $700 all up. Call Steve Neway at EFI Hardware in Melbourne and he can give you a better idea but it's not thousands.

Getting a low idle on stock cams was difficult due to the high vacuum but once I used the moly dry film spray (bottom of the page in the above link) around the back of the butterflies to create a better seal it would happily idle at 800rpm.

Granted it's frustrating but you're very close to having them running.

Back