T56 6 Speed to 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Blown SC

I have the Tremec T56 Adapted to the V8.
Its now on its way to have a Flywheel etc made to suit.

http://www.alloyrace.com/

Once its back from Alloy Race, I will start on the installation into the Soarer / SC400.

This should make a cheaper / easier 6 speed manual conversion for you's in the USA.

Fruitless asking the costs at this point in time.

I always wanted one.... Personally I would prefer T56 then the Supra 6 Speed.

* Stronger
* Cheaper
* Plenty around

you reckon stronger? based on what?

certainly the other 2 and prob good for most....if not, then step up to TKO600 which is def stronger and not much more expensive for a new box.

dont agree on stronger... no, sorry
and i hear the t56 shifts a bit like a truck. not that i ahve any experience with them, but the v160/161 is a sweet swett box to row

Do some research...... I had a T56 in my supercharged SVT Cobra and shift very smooth. Clutch on the other hand was hard but shift very nice. I also had a B&M shifter and that helps alot. I do agree that the TKO is stronger then T56. However, my statement was that T56 is stronger then V160/161 for V8 application.

I'd really be interested in this bellhousing if it isn't too expensive..... The T-56 has a great overdrive gear (.62 and .5 are easiest to find).

so why are all the pictures have the bell housing blurred out and a giant logo slapped on top? are you really concerned that someone is going to steal the design by just having a low res image of it? seriously? no really seriously?

so why are all the pictures have the bell housing blurred out and a giant logo slapped on top? are you really concerned that someone is going to steal the design by just having a low res image of it? seriously? no really seriously?

I thought the same thing. There's not much to the design of a bellhousing and/or adapter plate. The key is having accurate dimensions--which you can't get from a picture. I posted up pics of mine. I still might produce them for sale--unless someone beats me to it. It took me 40 hours to develop my prototype and it will probably take another 40 to get it ready for production. Looking at my pictures won't save anyone any time, if they want to copy it.

But then, if you are doing it as a business, better to be safe than sorry. It has happened before.

Mark

You're right, someone couldn't steal the part from a low res pic of course, but they could steal the idea and the methodology, especially if someone says, "well if you start with an A340E bell housing, then modify it here, etc."

Most of us are in this as a hobby, and we don't mind sharing our ideas and our fabrications with everyone, but those who are trying to make a living at it do need some protection from the copycats.

Back