Supra VS. S2000 seats in an SC?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

Fellas been looking into seat swaps on the SC's... It's seems the Supra or Honda S2000 are what people are swapping into the Sc's to reduce 70lbs or so over the Stock SC seats...

The red seats are the S2000's

The tan seats are the Supra's

Which do you guys like, the S2000 seats weigh a few pounds lighter...

Matching the interior colors is going to be almost impossible...I am thinking of a dye job to match the rest of the interior color to perfection...Any thoughts?

I can guarantee that you will not find a good deal on used S2k seats. Just buy sparco's or recaro's.

Do not buy the imitation crap on ebay. If you get into an accident, the seat will most likely be the cause of your death.

Well I got my long list of import junk yards to search from here in LA..via my dealership days. It's not hard for me to find used Toyota and or Honda parts..These wrecked cars come to the yards with the interiors usually intact... I found my Torsen LSD in one day off a wrecked 1993 TT Supra automatic......I can still kick myself for not buying the engine in that car for $1200 with 95k on it. It was salvagable from the side impact accident...... Oh well...that same engine sold one week later when I realised what it was worth and called back.....I would guess someone got a good deal on that TT motor...

Anyway, Seats - It's the color matching I am most concerned about and the condition of the leather seats when buying used...Don't want to Mickey Mouse up the inside of my SC... Dye jobs are ok if the under color is close and the leather is still in good shape........ I am thinking the S2000 seats will most likely be the better conditioned seat when buying used......My original SC seats that are in new condition must be worth something when selling...Hopefullly not too much money will be lost...

I kinda like the Supra seats but maybe just because of the color matching in the pic....

Verylost - you got any pics of these aftermarket seats... Aren't those pricey too when buying new?

I like the S2k seat do look real sporty and comfort. I sat in a couple of S2k they fit pretty snuggly. However, I would pick supra seat just because I think it matches the SC interior better and you still can use some electronic function.

Yeah, I just calculated the combined total weight reduction with the supra front seat swap onto the SC's and it's only 45 pound or so in total and not 70lbs like the S2000..This is according to a few weight posts on the CL..I. Doulbe checked the numbers... I too like the Supra seats but they weigh alot more, I wonder if Supra seats are as comfortable as the stock SC seats?

Back