Stand Alone Ecu For My Sc400?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

Hey People I Am New To This Forum, I Have A Completely Modified 1992 Sc400 With A Nos System To Boot. Having Issues With My E-greddy Piggy Back And Want To Go With A User Friendly Programmable Stand Alone Ecu. Can Anyone Suggest A System To Best Suite My Setup, Feel Free To Read My Profile For Spec's On Car.

Hey John,

Red Supra is working on the AEM EMS for the SC400. He knows alot about the computer. However, Kdog from our site is a Jedi (Grandmaster) knows alot about the Autronic standalone ecu. What is your budget? I think the computer of choice would be Autronic if money is not a major issue.

Money is an issue I am not that rich, and I do have a budget of $2000 for this type of ECU. However I am interested in tuning myself of my laptop at home is that possible with those types. Also the AEM EMS is dealer item only atleast that is what TODD at TM engineering states but probably is a lie.

Honestly, unless you plan to run 18+ psi you dont really need standalone. There are very good piggybacks are capable of controlling NOS, Larger Injectors, Timing and possible replacing MAF.

Can A Piggy Back Ecu Produce As Much Hp As A Stand Alone? Can A Piggy Back Make Smoother And Better Timed Transmittion Shifts? And Last Can A Piggy Back Work With A Supercharger Combination With Nos, Which Is Planned For This Car In The Future? Also My Current Piggyback Is Causing A Bog,lag Or Stall Issue Between 1000-2000prm Only At Full Throttle , It Is Not Correctable According To Todd With My Current Piggy Back Which He Programmed. Any Advise For Me? Todd Also Suggested Changing Out The Mass Air Flow Sensor And Throttle Position Sensor To Correct That Problem, Needless To Say A Waste Of Money. So Who Know's? Todd Is Not A Smart As Everyone Thinks.

they do not produce power, they control everything to optimize the motors performance. I suggest Motec or Haltech ECU, maybe even an autorinic would work.

Jeff

Hey Jeff Are Those Ecu's Compatable With The Sc400? Most Are Good For The Sc300 As I Am Finding Out By Searching The Web. Have You Ever Seen One Run In A Sc400, Better Yet Has Anyone Seen A Stand Alone Ecu Installed And Working Effeciently In A Sc400, And Was There Any Problems Tuning It? I Am New The Ecu Stand Alone, Know Alot About The Piggy-backs But Not Stand Alone.

Sorry i wasnt being to overly corrective I hope. They can and will optamize the power output! I've had one on an MR2 and it gained nearly 40whp just with the ECU! It was an AEM plug n play ECU for the MR2 turbo. AEM is great with the supra's I know, but some evo guys dont care for them around my area.

Now are there any effecient ECU standalones on SC400's? YES. Tons, you need a good installer and tuner, and cost should not be an issue. There are more standalones on 1uz's that are in swapped cars such as I am doing. For the mean-time I am going to use the factory ECU until I run a T04R turbocharger. Once I get the Turbocharger worked out the way I want I will mostlikely get a haltech.

http://www.haltech.com.au/

I quote "The HALTECH F10X is a powerful "real-time" programmable fuel injection computer designed to control most engines. Whether 1-6, 8, 10 or 12 cylinders, 1-2 rotors, naturally aspirated, turbocharged or supercharged, the HALTECH F10X can control it. "

Jeff

Most ECUs will be fine, some people prefer others for various reasons, its not goingto be the end of the planet no matter which ECU you choose. They are all pretty good these days.

The MOST IMPORTANT THING is that you get a good Tuner who is familiar with ECU you will be using and can provide good tech support if needed - not all tuners are created equally.

Hey John,

I saw your car at Todd's while I was getting work done...

Todd told me that there was a problem other than the Apexi SAFC and that he even disconnected it and the problem was still there, so that's obviously not the problem. I think I remember him saying that he told you to change the TPS and MAF sensor since you were changing everything on the car anyways, but he didn't think it would do anything, but you had to eliminate the possibility of those being bad to help troubleshoot it.

He dynoed it and it made more horsepower than before, but not a lot since your car was almost maxed out already.

Anyways, your car has some nice power to it, I see your eagerness to do more and have a badass SC, but calm down with all your bashing. Everyone here will help you like you've already seen, no need to burn your bridges...

Tony

Thanks for the complement - David,

For the post ahead, I am aware Todd screwed my car up thanks for telling me again, and I am not trying to burn any bridges, I like all you guys, even the ones that talk smack to me, it all makes me laugh, and laughing is good right? However I do not like people stealing money from me, and making my car worse off then when I brought it in. If I were you ACleanSC4 I would not take your car to TM Engineering, Todd is nothing but a cheat and cannot be trusted. I was starting to get over Todd, but this all springing up again, and as far as I am concerned I have lost $1500 and have nothing to show for it bad some bad control arms with new daisen bushings. This is all Todd's fault, period. That is fact! He charged me $400 for the apexi piggy back unti and then cannot tune it so he disconnected, he replaced my bushings front lower control arm bushings on my car but then tells me the arms in horrible shape. UUmmm, doesn't it make sense to not change the bushing, when the arm is being replaced (new supra control arms now being installed) but what was funny thing is this sc400 only has 100,000 original miles on it and was dealer maintained with records and driven and pampered by a doctor. Now I have owned a few of these sc400 over the years with 250,000 miles and the arms where not as bad. Does something sound fishy, my arms should not be that bad, I picked up the car had to allign the wheels and my steering and contol arms feel real funky, I drift on the freeway, it was way better before I brought it in. Todd and I agreed to change all the bushings out on the sc400 for $1000 he only did the front and charged me $500 as you know the fronts are so much eisier change out than the rears. Todd took the easy road on that one. Claimed the back arms need replacing as well and said he did want to change them. At that point I should have smacked him, but there is more, he claimed he dyno'd my car and could not produce the dyno chart said he lost it another $250, I felt no power change, and I think I would notice 11hp increase he claimed he produced when all he probably did is disconnect my piggyback, no.. There is still more Todd also changed my steering bushing out as well and charged me $150 I never told him to do it, infact I said I have the bushing at home and will do it myself, I guess he does not understand English very well, wait and he had my car for two weeks and left it outside his shop, it was so dirty when I got it that it almost ruined my new paint job. Now the final kicker, He calls me all week several times and said my arms are ready to install, I think it is a makeup jesture. Thanks but no thanks, I don't want Todd anywhere near my sc400, beware!!! Not burning bridges just telling the truth. I should take him to court, and I just might, I have proof!! One last thing he never told me he disconnected the piggy-back I had to find out the hard way. That is what Todd did to me and my car. End of Story. There is still more but I care not to say this is all making me mad, I should have cut him off earlier, but I trusted him. Was I mistaken.

Back