stand alone ecu for auto

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
They are great units. I have one running my A341E behind the 1UZFE in my Navara ute.
I sell the Trans Control Units including universal looms in NZ for about NZ$1265 +GST (depending on current exchange rate). I recently shipped a TCU to one of the members of this forum who lives in Australia. It was about AUS$1200 for unit and loom including freight and insurance(the guy I shipped it to didn't have to pay any duty or GST when the unit arrived in Australia, not sure if that is normal though).
Cheers
Dave

The TCU needs to be wired up (similar to wiring up eng management system), and calibrated to suit your particular vehicle.The universal loom that comes with unit splices into the original Toyota transmission loom. Last time I checked PCS didn't have fully plug in looms for the A341E due to lack of Toyota gearbox plugs in the states. You need a wiring diagram for your gearbox(PCS have some diagrams and they supply the wiring diagram for the TCU universal harness). PCS have some calibration files on their website, and I have the file that runs my A341E in the Navara. These files need to be played around with to suit your particular vehicle requirements (diff ratios, tyre diameter, full throttle change points, torque conv lockup etc). You can hook the TCU up to a laptop to adjust all the various parameters. Have a look at their website under the 'downloads' section to check it out http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/content-4.html
I wired up and calibrated the gearbox myself. The guys at PCS provide an excellent help service, are very helpfull and knowledgeable.
Cheers
Dave

i cant do any of that myself, dont have the skills in that area, i will keep it all in mind for the future though, thanks for the info

I bought PCS yesterday.
My car is Lexus LS400 -91.
Anybody have done it before to this car?

Does somebody have some tuning tables (MAP pressure & TPS location) setups which I could have as startup table for tune up or anything helpful would be nice?

So, the original Lexus buttons can be used..:

O/D-switch can be used as AUTO / Manual shift - button

And

ECT Power / Normal -button can be used as for two different PCS auto shifting tables

What I need more is two switches to put front of the ECT Power/ Normal switch to use gearbox tiptronically + and - switch.

(My engine management is Autronic SM2 with autotune)

trans controller

hi me and a friend have made up a trans controller (very small box) using the existing loom on the trans, it just plugs straight in, it has 3 output wires you hook up to your own OD button and a power wire for it, really easy to fit,the only problem is you have to drive the trans like a manual 1st is 1st drive is 3rd etc we havn't sorted a price yet or if we going to produce them, if we get some good inquirys we may make them up.
thanks guys
ewan paterson
new zealand

hey, im from nz and i would be keen as hell for one.

About the one at the top of the page would that go into a sc400.

hi v8toy

contact me via phone if you want 021 520 252, i am in tauranga
or email [email protected]
we have made a couple of these units up already, but they are more suited to a 1uz that has been used in a different car with the auto runing seperate from the engine mangement system, my module is a standalone unit and very small.
thanks
ewan

How do they differ from a good piggy back unit? What can a stand alone do that an awesome piggy back cannot? Better timed transmittion shifts perhaps? After researching the piggy's vs. the stand alones I could not justify spending the extra $ and wiring up that baby when a piggyback almost can do the exact same thing. What do you guys think?

jibby said:
How do they differ from a good piggy back unit? What can a stand alone do that an awesome piggy back cannot? Better timed transmittion shifts perhaps? After researching the piggy's vs. the stand alones I could not justify spending the extra $ and wiring up that baby when a piggyback almost can do the exact same thing. What do you guys think?

What piggy back unit?

Attachments

• DSCF0660.JPG
    DSCF0660.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 1
There are many piggy's, one of the best is the Gretty-E manage piggy, then there are others like the Apexi which I currenty have on my car that is running nos now. Many others as well. David actually made me aware of this when I was pushing towards a stand alone. Check it out before you spend the $, you can save easily half the money and end up with close to if not the same results with piggyback unit.

jibby said:
There are many piggy's, one of the best is the Gretty-E manage piggy, then there are others like the Apexi which I currenty have on my car that is running nos now. Many others as well. David actually made me aware of this when I was pushing towards a stand alone. Check it out before you spend the $, you can save easily half the money and end up with close to if not the same results with piggyback unit.
'
Yep,

But you must be talking about engine control.

Or is there really piggyback available for transmission ?

My PCS/TGM has direct control of my automatic gearbox.
Why to use piggyback for that if there is any?
PCS/TGM has many many ways to tuneup your gearbox and you have to have such transmission computer when you have more power than your original engine has. Of course it could be used even with original engine and have a little bit better shift tables for Extra Power (ECT) for example.

By the way my Lexus LS400 -91 did not have transmission temperature sensor. PCS could control a fan for transmission cooler. Does somebody have some setups for this done before? Already a place for tempererature reader in tranny? best size & place for transmission oil cooler & fan?

Back