Smog issue (no check engine light?)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

I just took my stock LS400 to get it smogged and they said they could not smog because the check engine light wont flash on and then off when I first start the car. Problem is that I get a check engine light that comes on and then off when driving but never get it upon startup. Any chance the bulb for the light is just going out? Flickering intermittently?

I have an SC400 transmission in my LS400 with a broken speed sesnor, (no speedo or ODO function) but no check engine light from that.

Any ideas or ways to narrow my options? BTW it was 25ppm from failing smog also. Right now I don't have a legal car to drive..

Just cracked the cluster open, replaced the CEL with the brake light warning bulb and instantly the check engine light came on. I guess it was a lazy bulb, amd it explains why my Nox was high.

Anyone know what pins to connect in the underhood-diagnostic box to check codes? I forgot!

ok im lost

Just swapped out a bulb that lit up the CEL, and stayed on when I started the car but once I tried turned it off and tried again it won't light whatsoever. Bad cluster here?

Any chance the bad speed sensor has something to do with my CEL never lighting up?

I just need the standard blip-on blip-off on my dash so the smog dude can pass me. I just hate how my car can pass the stringent California smog tests but it's an immidiate fail if the CEL if the light wont freaking bleep.

Last edited:

Back