Silly but General Question about ECUs

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JZH

I've been "preparing" for my particular swap for longer than I would have liked (thank you, Covid-19), but I still don't know how the engine's ECU and the vehicle's original ECU are supposed to work together (or not) after the conversion.

(My swap is a UK LS430 6-speed into a JDM 2013 Toyota Hiace turbo diesel.)

I'm planning to buy a running LS430 donor car, then strip what I need out of it and scrap the rest, so, I will have the entire uncut engine wiring harness and whatever else I need.

Ideally, after I finish installing the 3UZ I would be able to sell the original D4D and trans along with its ECU and whatever else is needed to run the engine, but I wonder if I would need any of that stuff to make the rest of the van run?

I'm sure everything will become obvious once I'm ankle-deep in various Toyota Corporation parts, but I'd still like to know a bit more in advance!

Ta,

JZH

I will comment on how I do it. When converting either a hilux or hiace from 2005-2015 (I have a 2014 hilux apart atm) to another engine I sell the engine, and keep the engine loom to cut up and I keep the stock ecu.

Thanks, Kelvin. It sounds slightly complicated! And not what I was hoping to hear.

By the way, are you any closer to writing up your late-Hiace conversion instructions?

Cheers,

JZH

Thanks, Kelvin. It sounds slightly complicated! And not what I was hoping to hear.

By the way, are you any closer to writing up your late-Hiace conversion instructions?

Cheers,

JZH

Its only complicated the first time. Once a good understanding of how it work is reached its pretty straightforward compaired to some of todays wiring jobs.

Been a tad busy lately to write instructions Im afraid.

Understood. Would it be worthwhile (for me!) to buy a copy of your early Hiace conversion instructions? I've got plenty of time to plan everything out...

Cheers,

JZH

Understood. Would it be worthwhile (for me!) to buy a copy of your early Hiace conversion instructions? I've got plenty of time to plan everything out...

Cheers,

JZH
For me all the info swaps over so early info would still be very helpful

Back