Rev Limit help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MtyMseHarmer

I have swapped a 94 1UZ into an 82 Supra. I have all of the emissions removed from the engine (don't even have any of the wiring attached). When I first fired the engine up it ran rough but got better as engine learned but still not great. It would also limit the revs to 4K RPM. I just sent the ECU to have the capacitors replaced as a couple were leaky. That made the car run significantly better. However, it still cuts out at 4K RPM. With that if I put the car at WOT from idle it only revs for 3800 RPM and spits and cuts at that limit. If I give it partial throttle then it smoothly goes up to 4200 RPM before the limiter hits. I do have a CEL on but the code is 71 for EGR which I have a hard time believing an EGR code would cause the problems I have. Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

rev cut at 4k rpm usually means problems with ignition
in order of probability hight to low:
-wrong model of igniters
-problems with crank angle sensor/trigger wheel/wiring
-problems with wires, coils, distributor
-leaky caps in ecu

rev cut at 4k rpm usually means problems with ignition
in order of probability hight to low:
-wrong model of igniters
-problems with crank angle sensor/trigger wheel/wiring
-problems with wires, coils, distributor
-leaky caps in ecu

The current igniters on the car are 89621-26010.

I picked up a couple of igniters from the junkyard a couple of weeks ago that are part number 89621-12050. The plug is just slightly different for the ones I picked up at the junkyard. The ECU is from a 94 LS400. What part number igniters should I have?

Never mind I modified the plugs on the other igniters and plugged them into the harness. Started it up and it no longer rev cuts. Full revving now!

Thanks for the advice!

Back